Chapter 6

Kion's P.O.V

"I do like you, Kion...a lot, but...we can't be together..."

(Y/N)'s words were the only thing that was running in my mind. Why couldn't we be together? We just admitted to each other that we had feelings for one another. So what was the problem?

Did she think she wasn't good enough since I'm a Prince? I thought she was good enough.

"Kion?"

I turned my head to see my sister Kiara come walking over to me. "Are you okay?"

I looked down and shook my head. "Honestly, Kiara, no. I'm not okay."

"Is it about that lion cub that works for Janja you told me about?"

I nodded as I looked at my sister. "Yeah."

Kiara came closer and sat down in front of me, ready to listen to my story.

I sat down myself and looked at her. "Okay, well, you know she got hurt and I took her to Rafiki, and when she woke up, we admitted our feelings, but before she left, she said that we couldn't be together. You're a girl, Kiara, do you have any idea why she would say that to me?"

"Hmm..." I watched my sister look beside her in thought. I figured she was the best candidate since Mom and Dad had went on one of those 'King Trips' or something.

"Well," I looked at my sister as her attention turned back to me. "She could have said because, and this was the best I could come up with, but has anyone been giving you guys a hard time about you and her?"

I thought for a moment, and then nodded. "Actually, yeah. The rest of the Lion Guard have been against me of taking her to Rafiki to heal her, they came up with a plan to get rid of her the next time Janja attacked. I had to make sure I got that job so it didn't happen to her."

Kiara's tail swayed as she nodded. "Kion...I think (Y/N) said that because you are part of the Lion Guard, the protector of the Pridelands, and she, she works for Janja. The destroyer of the Pridelands."

I was now confused. "So?"

Kiara sighed and shook her head at me. "Kion, she's trying to protect you. If you two cubs start seeing each other, it will give Janja a better shot at destroying not only the Pridelands, but it will give him a better shot at destroying you."

My eyes widened as I finally got it. "Oh." Kiara nodded. "Yeah."

I frowned. "Well, I don't care. I love her, and I won't care if I get hurt."

Running out of Rafiki's cave, I could hear Kiara yelling at me to come back, but I didn't listen. I needed to talk to (Y/N).

Crossing the log, I stopped myself and looked at my surrondings. I was now in the Outlands, Janja's territory. I gulped, now walking carefully, making my way up a rock so I could get a better view and possibly find (Y/N) better.

Looking around, I sighed. I couldn't see any sign of her. This was hopeless. As I was looking, I felt someone push me to my back, which sent a stinging sensation through my body.

"Well, well, well...if it isn't Kion, the leader of the Lion Guard. What are you doing in our territory?"

I looked up to see Janja holding me down with his foot on my chest. I tried to get up, but he bared his teeth at me and growled.

"Where's...(Y/N)?" My eyes were slowly growing flames.

"That's none of your business..."

Janja slowly pushed me towards the edge of the high rock and I let out a small scream in fright. "Stop!"

Janja just laughed. "No, this is too fun."

My eyes closed tight as I felt my head slip off the edge of the rock.

"Janja! Stop! Leave him alone!"

I knew that voice. I wanted to open my eyes, but my body wouldn't let me, so they stayed closed, shut tight.

"No. Get back to your corner! If you don't...I push him over!"

Whoever was yelling at Janja must have obeyed because I could hear paws going backwards.

Suddenly, I was fiercely pushed off the rock and I screamed in fear.

"KION!"

We Can't Be Together (Kion X Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें