20. You can't bury pain

**A/N: I am actually done writing this story. I was going over it and I sorta felt like I didn't explore Felicity's pain over her father's abandonment more. So I went back and wrote this. Sorry if it's a bit sad, but hey that's life for you!**

As Oliver woke up, he stretched his hand out and felt nothing. He gripped the covers beneath his fingers tightly as he lifted himself up. His eyes flew open as he tried to make out any sign of her in the dimly lit room. He couldn't. Where was she?

"Felicity?" He called out desperately as he took off towards the bathroom. Perhaps she was taking a shower? He hoped.

"In here," She called out.

He released a sigh of relief as his ears guided him towards the direction of her voice. It shouldn't have surprised him that she was in the nursery.

He was still trying to get his breathing under control when he entered the room. He was just glad that she was fine.

"There you are," He planted a light kiss on her cheek as he approached her behind; taking comfort in having her safely in his arms, "Morning,"

He was filled with such relief that it took him a moment to notice his lips were damp when he pulled away from her. Worriedly, he turned her chin gently towards him. He didn't have to though; he could already tell she had been crying.

"I'm okay," She placed her hand over his and pulled it down to his side; giving it a quick reassuring squeeze. "I'm fine," she insisted.

She smiled, causing another tear to spill over. She tried to blink them back, but Oliver wouldn't be so easily thwarted.

Oliver contemplated on how to proceed. He knew he would have to handle it delicately. Was she worried over something that was really nothing? Was it her hormones? Or perhaps she really wasn't as okay as she led him to believe last night.

"Felicity," He caressed her jaw softly with his thumb as he stepped closer to her. She closed her eyes and leaned into his touch, savoring it.

"Yeah?"

"What's wrong? Why were you crying?"

"Crying?" She repeated as if he hadn't found her weeping in their daughter's room. "I wasn't—

"Don't lie to me, Felicity. I saw you; I can still see it in your eyes."

"Oliver," She pushed his hand away as she rubbed her belly.

"Is it the baby?" he asked, his gaze following her hand.

"Don't you think I'd tell you if something was wrong?"

"I hope you would." He said with a sigh. "Just tell me what's bothering you; let me in." He practically pleaded.

It dawned on him how much things had changed. Usually it was her poking and prodding to get inside his mind; now it was the other way around. He didn't care though. He just wanted to help her.

"I said it's nothing. Drop it." She tried to walk away, but he wouldn't let her.

He held onto her wrist to keep her there but not too tightly. Her shoulders slummed forward and Oliver knew she was close to tears again. Wordlessly, he closed the distance between them once more and held her close.

"Let it all out," He quietly urged and she did.

She cried loudly against his chest; wetting his grey shirt in the process. He didn't know what had gotten her so upset, but he would find out. For the time being, he only wanted to console her. He listened as her cries turned into low sniffles.