I don't know him...I hate him...and I have to get married to him?! Chapter 14

Start from the beginning

"Then don't come!" Ginger shouted.

"Um, sorry to interrupt, but what is going on here?"

Everyone turned to look at me.

"As usual, it's about you!" Nora screeched at me.

"What did I, apparently, do now?"

"Marcus and Ginger here, tell me that you were betrothed to Dominic because they hoped that you could help him to settle down. To not be so much of a...playboy. They said that they have seen a significant change in his behavior, I on the other hand, beg to differ. I see no change, he is just like this because you are here, and are to marry him. I also did not see anything wrong with how he was before.

"I admit he has changed, but not for the better. He doesn't listen to me anymore, he has been listening to your ideas and going along with them instead of telling you how it should be and what to do. He even, for some reason, tolerates you and your tattoo's and piercings. The Nicky I know, would have been done with you as soon as he saw you."

...Was something wrong with her?

My mouth, Marcus and Ginger's too, had opened.

"What are you on?" I asked her. "In what world do women still take orders from men? Whether they are their fiancé or husband, they only time that happens is when a man beats a women. Then, of course, they will listen no one likes getting beaten. And yes, Dominic was done with me as soon as he'd seen me, but then something happened. And he didn't turn me away.

"What I don't get, is why you hate me so much. Everyone else in this family, other than you and the rest of the women, likes me. Especially the kids. So, I'll say this one more time: if you don't like it, don't come. Really, I don't even know why anyone likes or puts up with you."

I was done with her, I went into the backyard to play with the kids. When I got out there Casey was with a sleeping Owen on a big blanket. As I walked over to Casey and Owen, everyone stopped what they were doing and came over to me.

I picked up Owen and cradled him as Jenny came and sat in my lap. I knew that they wanted me to tell them what happened.

"Savvy?" Casey asked after a few seconds. "Why were they yelling?"

I sighed. "Nora...doesn't agree with Dominic and my marriage." I was putting it lightly. "She doesn't want us to get married, she thinks I am...unfit, to be his wife."

"But, your still gunna marry him right?" Casey asked.

"Only if Dominic wants it. If not, then I'll probably stay in Los Angeles, or move in with my friend like I had originally planned to last year."

"But we don't want you to leave. Every since you came, Dominic's been much nicer to us. Before, if we asked him to do anything, he'd tell us to bug off. When we had family dinners he would always invite over his friends or girlfriend and ignore or tease us. He made Shanna cry once. We need you here, you make this family bearable. We all love you." Dhilon, although only ten, he had a very insightful mind. He was usually very quiet, only talking when necessary or when asked a question.

I smiled at him, and everyone else. "Look guys, I don't want to leave. I love you guys too and I love Dominic. I wouldn't know how bad Dominic used to be, but I do know what he was like when I had arrived. He was arrogant, rude, and very self-absorbed. He was more or less like Nora, he didn't like me at all, then certain things happened and we started to get along.

"If he still wants to marry me, no matter what Nora says, then we will. But if not, then I don't think we'll ever see each other again. Which would make me sad."