thirteen

idk if I've mentioned this yet, but they're all in their junior year of high school (eleventh grade). but if I said they were in a different grade before then please let me know so I can correct it!

Luke

we were all in the car heading to the mall.

"so, when did you move here again?" I looked over at Sophia. for some reason, this car ride was super silent and awkward, everyone just on their phones.

"oh, I moved away from here eighth grade year and I came back sophomore." she said, setting her phone down.

"where did you move to?" Calum asked, setting his phone down also. I guess we're just gonna ask her random questions now?

"oh, I moved to Sugar Creek." she said and Calum nodded.

but Ashton was furrowing his eyebrows, "hey, Mike, isn't that where you moved?"

Sophia's POV

"no, I moved to Widow Creek." Michael said, but they didn't realize he was lying. I did.

luckily, they didn't ask me any more questions. because I didn't realize how much I would have to lie about my past, and I'm not a good liar. well, and I also don't wanna have any more lies, cause basically everything about me right now is a lie.

we walked into the mall and headed straight for the food court. everyone except for Luke and I ran over to McDonald's. me and Luke headed to some sand which shop.

"so, what did you say your ex boyfriend from Sugar Creek's name was?" Luke asked, pulling out his chair. "Gordon?"

I bit my lip and shook my head quickly. "no, no. you must've heard me wrong. his name was Jordan."

"oh, I could've sworn you said it was Gordon." Luke chuckled and took a bite of his sand which.

"well you heard me wrong," I snapped. "I said his name was Jordan. why would I lie?"

Luke shrugged, and he looked shocked that I was speaking so loudly.

"why do you care?" I asked and he gave me a confused look. "why do you care so much about my ex boyfriend?"

"I don't. I'm allowed to be curious," Luke sighed. "stop thinking that everybody is so obsessed with you."

after he said that, everyone else came and sat with us.

"woah, what happened? it seems tense." Ashton chucked and I glared at him. I stopped glaring at him because I don't wanna be in a bad mood. I don't wanna ruin my own day.

after we ate, some of us needed to go to the bathroom so we headed to the bathroom station thingy by the food court.

there was a girls restroom, a guys one, and a family one. I was walking into the girls restroom when I felt someone pulling me into the family restroom.

their hands were over my mouth and I couldn't see who it was. they locked the door. if I'm about to get kidnapped or some shit then I'm out.

I was screaming through the hands when I heard him say, "shhhh." I freaked out even more and started to scream louder. "oh my god, shut up." I heard Michael say.

he took his hand off my mouth and I sighed. "you scared me! I thought I was gonna get kidnapped or something."

"I think Luke is on to us." Michael said.