Something More

Luke's POV:

It didn't take long to pack up Caroline's house, there was very little stuff of hers but we had lots of help starting from Lee with the kids, Carter, Whitney, Pa, and Georgia too. Mamaw came and made us food after Pa and Georgia, left she didn't wanna bump heads with Daddy's new woman which Pa and I totally understood.

Everything was being hauled up to Tennessee tonight so by the time we land in Nashville in the morning all of her stuff should be at our house. I was laying in bed waiting on her to come join me so we could get some sleep.

I had the tv on I was watching Duck Dynasty because it happened to be on when I switched to the Outdoors Channel. The bed sunk down as Caroline rolled over looking like she wasn't feeling good. I knew it was my fault since we'd had sex while I was sick, and I felt bad but I know she'll clear up by tomorrow.

I clicked the off button and the tv screen went black. I shifted myself into a comfortable position to where I was holding Caroline. She nuzzled closer to me and kept steady breaths to help make the headache she had go away. I closed my eyes and by the time they'd opened again it was no longer dark in the room that I'd grown up in.

I shut off my alarm and began to get ready I let Caroline sleep in a little while later hoping that a longer amount of rest would help her out. I put on my clothes and met Mamaw out in the kitchen she'd made us some breakfast and was awaiting on Caroline like I was.

I was cutting up my eggs when I saw Caroline run across the hall and down towards the bathroom. I swiftly bolted out of my chair and down the hall. Caroline was bent over the toilet throwing up.

I held onto her hair and rubbed her back hoping to help her find that comfort she's looking for. She pulled away from the toilet and wiped off her mouth I could tell she wasn't in any condition to even be awake right now.

"Baby are you okay? Do we need to go to a doctor?" I asked awaiting on an answer.

"Yeah I just feel a little drowsy but my headache is gone. I just wanna go home." She told me.

"Are you sure because you don't look like you're okay."

"I'm okay Luke I just wanna be on a plane ready so I know I'm on my way home." She huffed out in frustration.

"Caroline I.."

"No Luke I just wanna go home." She said getting up and pushing me out of the way.

I finished up my breakfast while Carol got ready. I said goodbye to Mamaw and waited out in the cab. Caroline got in and soon we were off to the airport.

Throughout the whole security check Caroline seemed irritable being around me. I didn't know what I'd done wrong but I was still apologetic on behalf of getting over this,"argument," I guess you could call it.

We got on the plane and all she wanted to do was cuddle with me. I held onto her and even gave her a foot rub because she said they been hurting a lot lately. We landed and I drove us home in the truck. She looked out the window the whole time while holding my hand.

We got inside and to my surprise all of Caroline's stuff was completely unpacked, I must've over read the movers contract on the unpacking policy. Our plans for the day were completed which was great so Caroline could get some rest, and I could get to writing up some different lyrics for the Crash My Party album.