2. America

Rose's Pov.

"Come on Jack!" I shouted to him on the other side of the ship. As he came back, I noticed he was holding some sheets of paper and a couple pencils.
"When will the ship dock" He asked.
"Soon," I replied, "Anyway, how did you get all of that?"
"Well, I told the man over there that I'm an artist and I showed him what I can do and.. well, I stole some pencils from a desk over there."
"I know but... No, it doesn't matter."

Once the ship docked, I got off with Jack. All of our belongings were at the bottom of the ocean so we had barely anything to take with us.
"So," Jack began, "If we are going to get a house, we will need money."
"I know, Jack, but how?!"
"Well," he replied, "I will sit out here, or somewhere, and draw some portraits or paint some paintings and sell them for 8 dollars each."
"Good plan, and I might get a job in a cafè or somewhere."
With our plans all set out, Jack started to draw. After 3 hours, he earned almost 100 dollars!
"Jack," I began, "it is getting rather late. Should we stay at a hotel before we earn enough money to invest in a house"
"Yeah, i think thats a good idea."
As we got to the nearest hotel, Jack held me close before we went inside.
"I love you" he said, before kissing me on the cheek.

Jack's Pov

As we went into the hotel, we arranged to stay for two weeks, which by then we would hopefully get enough money for at least a small place of our own.
"Ok, here are you keys. That will be 10 dollars per night sir." The woman at the desk said.
"Thank you ma'am." I replied, recieving the keys and handing the money over.

Once me and Rose were in the bedroom, we unpacked our tiny amount of luggage and went straight to bed.
"Jack," Rose said, "I love you."
"I love you more." I held Rose close and kissed her before falling into a deep sleep.

In the morning, me and Rose decided to take a walk before I went to go out and draw.
"Rose, you do know you are the best thing I have ever had."
"So are you, Jack. I used to think that I had everything, I was wrong though. Not many people understand that money can't buy happiness. I love you Jack."
I felt happy to hear that. Although it doesn't sound completely true but at the same time, why would Rose lie?
"I've got to go now Rose, see ya later."
"Bye." She replied, before kissing my cheek.

As I left, I saw a familiar face. One that I hated to look at. Cal.
"Hello Dawson." He greeted me with a smile painted across his evil, scheming face.
"What?"
"Your girlfriend has my necklace. I want it back."
"Sorry sir but we haven't got it. Everything we had went down with the titanic."
"No, you fool, it's in my jacket. The one she was wearing when she was rescued.. with you. Anyway, if it is not returned by tomorrow, I'll invole the police, Mr. Dawson."

As Cal walked away, a young girl come up to me.
"Can you draw my teddy bear?" She asked, by the look on face, she probably thought I was going to say no.
"Of course I will."
"Thank you." She replied as I started to draw.
Once I finished the drawing, the little girl thanked me once more, gave me the money and skipped away happily showing off her drawing to her parents. I would loved to have a child. But would Rose?

Rose's Pov.

As I was walking down the street, I saw Jack drawing an old man and, what looked like, his wife.
"Hello Jack." I greeted him once he finished.
"Oh hey Rose. I have earned about...um...32 dollars so far today. I have got one more person and then I'll come home." He said before kissing me on my forehead.
I nodded my head before making my way back to our hotel.
"Rose," Jack called, "Cal came by earlier. He said you have his necklace. He wants it back tomorrow or he'll 'invole the police'."
"Oh Jack.. I haven't got it. I left the coat in the cafè. I'll get it before I go home"
"Ok."

After I got the coat back, I headed back to the hotel and not long after, Jack came back.
"Jack. Is that you?"
"Yeah." He replied with a giant smile on his face, I have never seen him smile that much.
"What are you so happy about?" I asked
"Well," he started as he pulled me close to him, "Today, I have earned 48 dollars, if we stay here one more night, tomorrow, we will have enough money to rent out this small bungalow that I saw not long ago. I'll show you tomorrow but first, lets get some sleep." He explained before kissing me once more, this time it felt more passionate than ever... we all know where this leads to... The Stars.