21

The next morning Minho and I went and got Thomas and started on our way to to explore the outer section of the maze. We had been running for quite a while when we finally came to a stop outside of Section Seven. There was a corridor which looked like it lead into a more open section of the maze. We slowed our pace down to a walk as we went through the corridor. The walls of the corridor were just like that of the maze, but they had rusty, metal grates on it.

"This is strange," Minho said.

"What?" Thomas said.

"Section Seven isn't supposed to be open for another week."

When we reached the end of the corridor I saw the same rusty, metal gates that were on the walls in the corridor, but it was just the standing in the middle of the open area.

"What the hell is this place?" Thomas asked.

"We call them Blades," Minho replied, his voice echoing.

We continued to walk through the Blades as we went deeper and deeper into the maze. After a while we sped up to a brisk jog. We were jogging and then I noticed a pair of shorts and a shirt laying in the middle of the path. Minho and Thomas had noticed it too because they both rushed to see what it is. Minho picked the shirt up off the ground and examined it.

"It's Ben's, isn't it?" Thomas asked slowly.

"Yeah," Minho replied dropping it, "A Griever must have pulled him down here."

When Minho and Thomas stood up, Minho's backpack began to make a buzzing sound. Thomas turned and looked at Minho then glanced at me. I shrugged my shoulders and gestured to the backpack. Thomas quickly grabbed Minho by the shoulders and turned him around so he could get into his backpack.

Thomas pulled the device out of Minho's backpack and held it in his hand. As he held it, it started clicking. He turned to his right and began to walk in that direction but the beeping slowed and almost came to a complete stop. He then turned around and walked the opposite way. As he walked closer to where I was standing the beeping increased. Thomas passed me and the beeping increased even more. I looked at the device and it finally started to dawn on me.

"Guys, I think it's showing us the way," I said looking at both of them.

◉◎◉

I'm sorry if this chapter sucks the first time I wrote it it was way better, but it accidentally got deleted soooo I had to rewrite it.