Part 1

Rating: M (mild language)
Words: 1,097 or something around that idfk
Warnings: swearing, fluff, Peter Maximoff
________________________________
You stared at the white ceiling, wondering when you would show Peter your newfound mutation. You were trying very hard to think about it, but was getting thrown off track a lot, thinking about how he'd react once you did tell him. Peter's constant little noises didn't help you focus either. He'd jump from playing Pac-Man to playing ping-pong to just running around in general. However, unbeknownst to you, he would sneak glances at you (while using his super-speed, ensuring secrecy, of course). He liked your sense of style, taking note of the black leather jacket and Led Zeppelin t-shirt you were wearing, remembering why you were best friends.

You had found out about your power a few days ago, in a position quite similar to this, but at your own home. It was winter, the coldest winter in D.C. in a long time, and your ceiling fan wouldn't stop spinning, sending even more cold air in your direction. Too lazy to actually stand, you lay there on your bed and just wished to god that the fan would stop rotating, and then a strange thing happened. The ceiling fan just ceased to move altogether. You grinned as you noticed the absence of the freezing wind, but then it hit you. You did that.

"Havin' fun over there?" Peter jeered at you, spurring you from your thoughts, "Is that what normal people do with their normal speed?"

"You know, I think I discovered a new mutation, Peter," you sat up, with fake enthusiasm, "It's being a super-human little shit, and I think you might just have it!"

"Oh, don't be jealous, I'm sure you're great at lots of things, (Y/N), like sewing or sitting on my couch." He spoke quickly, almost not being able to finish for the quiet fit of laughter that was to ensue. You could see him now, without really looking. His wide grin, the dimples on either side of it, and his laughter? God, you could listen to it for days. You smiled at the thought, but then remembered what had provoked his laughter.

"You wanna keep that smirk on your face, Maximoff?" You practically glared with your words. He straightened up and lifted both hands, as if conceding when you knew that the silver-haired boy you grew up with wouldn't give up that easily.

"Okay, okay, fine. You beat me in a race and I'll take it all back." Peter challenged, smirking and leaning forward on the stool in front of his Pac-Man game. Then you realized, you knew exactly how you were going to showcase your mutation.

"Winner takes the last box of twinkies, Maximoff. And we both know, you couldn't run out in the cold to get a new one, even if you wanted to. You'd freeze your ass off."

"Okay, so when I win, I get the twinkies and you have to watch me eat them," Peter spoke confidently, before standing and adjusting his goggles, "Where to?"

"Your sister's room, I heard she was setting up a tea party earlier anyways." You remembered. Occasionally, when you weren't getting annoyed by Peter, you spent time with his younger sister, Lorna, who was probably the cutest thing you had ever seen, always tugging at your sleeves and ushering you to her tea parties.

"If you say so," Peter laughed cockily, before adjusting his goggles dramatically, earning an eye roll from you, "On your mark, get set, GO!"

The blur of black, silver, and blue was almost too fast for you to catch. Almost. But as soon as he began running, your irises had become rainbows, and you had caught him in your grip. The boy stopped dead in his tracks. For the first time in Peter Django Maximoff's life, he had been rendered motionless by force. He couldn't run, walk, hell, he couldn't even move. Walking past him and glancing in his direction, you could see the mix of helplessness, confusion, and anger written all over his face.

Turning away and making a show of how incredibly slow you were going on the way upstairs, you smirked. Even after you couldn't see him anymore, he remained still. As you opened the door to Lorna's bedroom and sat down in her play chairs by the tea table, you flicked your wrist. In an instant, Peter was next to you and as expected, he was really fucking confused. You could also sense he was angered by his realization that he had failed his twinkies.

"What the-" Peter stopped, after realizing his sister was in the room, leaning towards you and spoke in a hushed whisper, "How did you...what happened to...what in the hell just happened to me, (Y/N)?'

"Oh, did I forget to mention? I control motion." You smirked, taking a fake sip of the teacup Lorna had set in front of you, not maintaining eye contact at all with the boy's lost brown eyes.

Recognition soon dawned on them, and after initial disbelief, his face contorted into a blatantly unhappy expression.

"You....you cheated!"

You scoffed. "By what, using my mutation? We both used our mutations, Peter. Mine just happened to be better."

"Oh, don't be jealous, I'm sure you're great at lots of things, Peter, like sewing and getting beat." you paraphrased, using his own words against him.

At a loss for words, Peter sat down next to you, displeased. Lorna must've noticed this, because she then decided it was the perfect time to give him a tiara. You laughed at his pouty disposition, seeing him with the tiara on. It was a lovely form of irony, one you greatly appreciated. Peter must've also realized how he looked, because a second later, he was laughing his ass off.

After recovering, he spoke, "Your mutation is actually super cool though, (Y/N). And when your eyes went all rainbow, it was awesome....just, whoa," Peter continued, scratching the back of his neck nervously, "You know, I do know about this school where you could learn more about how to control it with ease, maybe even helping you discover new aspects to your power. I mean, obviously I wouldn't need it, since I'm so great at my mutation..."

Rolling your eyes once more, you smiled. "Maybe I'll share the twinkies with you after all, even if you are a huge loser," you laughed, sticking your tongue out at him. His face lit up like a Christmas tree, and you grinned widely, knowing this would be one of your best memories, all because of his stupid smile. "And when we do break out the twinkies, you're going to be telling me all about this school..."