Chapter 5

A reminder for those like me who are getting confused.

Eric and Callen have swapped bodies.

Deeks and Sam have swapped bodies.

Nell and Kensi have swapped bodies.

Chapter 5

Sam looked confused as his body, looking totally dejected walked out of the room.

"Oh, Mr. Hanna." Hetty sighed, it had all been going so well, but she should have expected this.

"What did I say?" Sam asked as he looked longingly at the cookie on the plate that he now knew he couldn't eat.

Hetty watched as Sam's body paced up and down the hallway and then stopped. His head shook and Deeks turned and walked back into the room.

"Full disclosure right?" Deeks asked in what Sam would term his dangerous voice. Even Michelle picked up on the tone her husband would use when he didn't want to talk about something.

"You don't have to Deeks." Michelle said, wanting to put her hand on her husband's arm like she usually did while he was upset.

Sam's face gave a half hearted smile, "No, I think I do. I'm sorry Sam." Deeks said as he turned to Sam, he started to bring his hand up to sort his hair out, a nervous gesture he had done for years and grinned sheepishly as he remembered that he was in Sam's body and Sam's body had no hair on his head.

Deeks sat Sam's huge bulk into one of Hetty chairs and started talking, "You remember when I was shot at Sands?" He started.

The others nodded, Nell's face looked sad as she {Kensi} reached out to hold his hand, remembering the day her husband had been shot with a 22 caliber pistol at a convenience store as a distraction to lure their team out into the open.

Kensi's face morphed into a sudden realization of where he was going with this, "Gordon John Brandel!" Nell said.

Deeks nodded, wishing he had his hair to hide behind. "My father." Sam's deep voice rumbled. "I thought he was behind my shooting. But..." He looked over at his body sitting next to Michelle and gave a small sigh, "Sam, can you lift my shirt and turn around." He asked.

Sam shrugged but did as he was asked.

Deeks walked over and pulled the top of his pants down slightly. "This here..." He pointed at the thin jagged scar that crisscrossed low over his hips and the top of his buttocks. "This was my 10th birthday present from him." He waited for a moment to let the others see the scar then tapped Sam gently on Deeks' back so that he could lower the shirt. "I'll show you when I have my body back," He said quietly to Sam as he stepped away.

"I was, like you said Sam, 'a handful'. I had short hair then," He mused with a wry smile, "I used to have it in a military Buzz cut. My father insisted. I had had my first birthday at school. I hadn't been allowed to go before. My teacher would give us all a cake for our birthday and I had never had cake before. I was flying on a sugar high by the time I got home." Deeks sat back down feeling uncomfortable in Sam's body wishing intently he was in his own. "My father wasn't the worst father on the planet, but I would assume he was up there somewhere. He hated me. I never knew why, but according to my mother, he was the sweetest guy before I was born. I know that something happened when I was born and he just lost all interest in being a father, well my father anyway." He stopped he wasn't going into that with them. "I tried everything I could think of to gain his attention, I acted like him, I had my hair the same, I... I even treated my mom the same way he did, just trying to make him like me. Anyway, that day I came home excited, I'd had a birthday party and cake. We didn't do that at home and I bounced in the door all hyper, my mom tried to quieten me down, but I wasn't listening and he was drunk on the couch. I didn't see and I smashed his beer bottle. He got mad and took the broken bottle and gave me that as a birthday gift."