Pity Part - Six

Last and final part! 

This is it! 

Here we go!

ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     We talked about more normal things - after that awkward side note - during dinner, and then after dinner Mum retired to her computer in her office and left the dishes to Drew and I. We washed and dried mostly in silence, not feeling the need to speak too much. And after we decided to watch some TV.

"I don't think there's anything that good on at the moment, rating season is over," I explained to Drew, who was already settled on the couch. I picked up the remote and began to flick through channels.

"I don't mind what we watch, whatever you want," he said peacefully. I frowned at his comment but kept browsing. I wasn't used to people telling me to do what I wanted, usually people stepped all over me. I flicked over to an old 80's flick that I loved, and luckily it had only just started.

"Have you seen The Breakfast Club?" I asked Drew, going to sit down on the couch beside him.

"Nope," he replied as he put one arm around me. I gawked at him, dropping the remote and my jaw.

"What?" I cried in astonishment. Drew picked up the remote and placed it on the coffee table.

"I haven't seen it," he laughed. I rolled my eyes and sat back, crossing my arms.

"Prepare to be enlightened," I said and settled in to enjoy the movie. Halfway in Drew reached over and took my hand, giving it a squeeze. I tried not to smile, but the edges of my mouth crept up. He smelt so good sitting right there beside me, his body heat lulling over me.

"Are you enlightened?" I asked Drew once it had finished.

"Yes, I am enlightened," Drew laughed. We sat and watched the credits roll because I loved this song, and I like to pay respect to all the people who worked on the film. Though when they play movies on TV they usually play the credits a million miles an hour in a corner and show ads for some other show. Thankfully today they didn't do that, and instead let the credits roll normally.

"What time do you usually go to sleep?" I pondered to Drew once they finished and the TV went to ads.

"Why?" Drew asked with a mischievous grin.

"No, not like that. It's just last time it was kind of hard to tell what normal for you is," I explained. Drew nodded.

"Last time I couldn't sleep knowing you were right next door. And you walked right past shirtless as well. There's only so much I can take," he teased. I elbowed him in the side and rolled my eyes. 

He seemed so open about his sexuality now for someone who'd struggled so much coming to terms with it. Maybe leaving his parent's house made him to feel free? But even then, he seemed so comfortable around me. I mean, I know we've known each other our whole lives, and he's always looked out for me and had my back... 

Maybe I'm just not used to this much attention and care; it just feels strange. Good strange, but strange.

"What are you thinking about so intently?" Drew asked, staring at my face and stirring me from my thoughts. I blinked back to reality and looked at him.

"Nothing, just... trying to get used to this," I admitted with a sigh. Drew nodded in contemplation.

"Yeah, I get that. I'm still trying to adjust to it too," he confessed shyly, looking away from my face.

"You are?" I frowned. "But you seem so at ease." Drew chuckled and rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb.

"Of course I am, this is a big change for me. But I'm happy, Aaron. I feel like I'm finally being true to myself and not constantly fighting against myself all the time. So yeah, I'm relaxed, but I'm still a little scared about going too fast yet," he explained honestly. I was glad he felt comfortable being open with me. 

"Same," I smiled. He lent across then and pressed his lips lightly to mine. Joy surged through me. Kissing Drew wasn't like making out with those random other guys I'd kissed in the past. I could feel Drew's lips with every part of my being like I was being filled up with sunlight.

Mum walked in right then, and we jumped apart. 

"My bad," she laughed as she turned on her heel and stepped back out again. Drew just grinned at me.

"Mum!" I called after her. She came back in, still smiling.

"I'm just coming in to say good night," she said innocently and lent over the back of the couch to give me a kiss on the head with a one armed hug. I patted her back in return.

"Night," I told her.

"Night, love you. Night, Drew," she said to me and waved to Drew and then went off to her room. Her bedroom door clicked a few seconds later and I turned back to Drew.

"I'm not tired yet," I said, and then yawned because the world hates me. We both started laughing. Drew started to get up and I followed him.

"Is your mum okay with us sleeping in the same bed?" Drew asked, heading towards my bedroom. He obviously still remembered where it was.

"You don't have to," I replied, turning all the lights and appliances off around the house as we went.

"No I do, but we hardly fit in the bed at my house," he laughed as he entered my room. I flicked on my bedroom light behind him and waited. He took one look at my bed and shook his head, chuckling to himself. Mum had given me a queen size bed for my 15th birthday last year.

"Never mind then," Drew said and went over to his backpack to grab his things. Whoever was sleeping on the far side would have to climb in and out of bed because I had a small bedroom and so my bed was pushed up against the wall on one side. 

I left Drew to change and went into the bathroom to brush my teeth. Once he was dressed Drew followed behind with his own toothbrush and toothpaste. He was wearing the same pajama pants from the other night, but tonight he was wearing a grey singlet too. I finished and stepped aside for him, heading back to my room to change too before he got back. I slipped out of my jeans quickly and into some boxers, before tugging off my shirt and jumping into bed. I gawked at the wall, nerves suddenly bubbling up in my stomach.

I wriggled to the far side of the bed and slipped under the covers, laying on my side with my back to the door. Drew came in and turned the light off, then closed the door and climbed into bed behind me. I knew he was facing me because I could feel his breath on the back of my neck. Neither of us said anything for a while, then I felt Drew wrap his arms around my waist and pull me against him.

He lifted his head up and kissed my neck softly. I turned my head to meet his and found his lips in the dark. He kissed me gently for a few minutes and then smiled.

"Goodnight," he breathed.

"Night," I whispered back, and then he settled back down, keeping his arms around me. Things were looking up. My future didn't seem so lonely after all. I had no idea what school was going to be like from now on though. I mentally brushed any negative thoughts away and left them for another time. Right now I was blissfully happy, and I wasn't letting anything ruin that.

The End.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We hoped you enjoyed this viewing. Be sure to comment and subscribe to our channel.

Oh wait, this isn't Youtube. Nevermind :P

Mouki out~