Pity Party - Three (Unedited)

Okay, so, the reason I haven't been uploading like I promised is because I can't be f***ed editing it. But I figured, ya'll cool people, I'm sure you wont mind if I upload it anyway and just edit it later on. So that's what I'm going to do.

ENJOY! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By 8 we were fed, twice, and vegged out on the couch in front of the TV. Drew's parents still weren't home, so we decided to watch a movie. Star Trek 2.

By 10 there was still no sign of Drew's parents. So Drew decided to text his mum. My mum text me too a few times checking on me, and I explained what happened. She wanted me to stay the night at Drew's, I was going to try and avoid that. Drew's phone went off. He picked it up and read the message.

"Mum said they're still going to be a while, she wants you to just stay the night," he said. I bit my lip and looked to the TV. I hate being a burden, I hate owing people or being in debt to people. Not that I'd had many occasions to be, but when I have I didn't like it. Drew got up from the couch.

"I'll make up the spare room for you," he said and walked off. I sat forward on the couch and lent on my knees. I had to find a way to get out of this. If I made up something and just left I know mum would check up with Drew's mum about me and find out I lied. I had to come up with something convincing that I could tell mum as well.

There's this guy I could probably crash with. I mean I didn't know him too well, but we'd hooked up a fortnight ago in his car and I could probably persuade him. He hadn't been the only guy I've kissed, though I'd never done more than kiss anyone and ever had a proper boyfriend. And I mean this guy wasn't really interested in more than the one hook up either, but if I offered him something in return...

I shuddered. I wasn't ready to have sex yet.

I had acquaintances from school; a few people I sat with during classes and at breaks, but we didn't speak after school or on weekends and I wouldn't really call them friends.

I mean, I had friends, but they were all online and in far off countries. They wouldn't be any help for a bed to sleep in tonight. Of course, I could always make up someone and say I was staying with them and then sleep in the shed.

I got up and opened the front door. Ice washed over me the moment I opened it. It was freezing out there. It'd somehow dropped considerably since earlier. The shed in my backyard was shelter, but the floor was concrete and I couldn't recall any sort of blankets, pillows or the like stored inside. The best I could hope for in there would be an old rocking chair; a wooden one, with no pillow or blanket. I mind be able to find a tarp, but what good would that do?

"Hey, close that, it's freezing," Drew said, coming up the hall behind me. I closed the door and turned around.

"Sorry," I said. And I didn't just mean about the door. It was a sorry loaded with everything from today and tonight.Drew seemed to understand what I meant and shrugged.

"Don't sweat it. We've bathed naked before, I think we can handle this," he chuckled and turned back up the hall. I followed him and he led me to the spare room at the end of the house.I stepped into a pastel yellow room with a single bed in one corner with white sheets and a dark wood cabinet in the other. Beside the bed was a small table to match the cabinet with a stained glass lamp on top. The lamp was on and the bed was newly made.

"It's not much, but it's better than the street," he smirked and left me standing there. I'd never slept in this room before. Whenever I'd ever had to stay the night I'd always slept on Drew's floor. I was thankful that wasn't the case this time – I'd never sleep. Drew returned with a towel and handed it to me.