VI

vi

It was now December. Ashton had been looking at Tiffany even more often, noticing the smallest things and admiring her to pieces. But no, he did not want to take the risk. He did not want to walk up to her, asking her whether she really was the person he thought she was, or not.

You would almost think it was a fairytale really; a girl who writes to an unknown boy, who admires a girl from afar, who turns out to be exactly the girl he was writing to. People who would be watching the whole scene would be waiting for the moment where he finally realizes the girl he adored was actually his writing stranger. It would get to your nerves though, because you would most likely just want to push the two of them towards each other, ignoring their shyness, and watch them fall in love. Or not, ofcourse. Maybe you'd have to watch them having awkward silences which causes them to end the contact. Then the boy would go to an other coffee shop to avoid the girl, and the girl would sadly carry on on her own, reading book after book. Because you don't know. The future is unpredictable, isn't it?

Ashton was wearing a beanie, a hoodie, and a jacket, because for an Australian, spending the winter in England must be extremely cold. He kept tapping with his foot, along to the playing music in the coffeeshop and smiled proudly when a song came on that he liked. He even began to sing along. Softly and sweet, not loud or like shouting. Tiffany saw his lips moving to the words of the song, then got up and took her change.

'You have a good voice, to be honest.' she weakly smiled, slowly walking past Ashton's table as he looked up in surprise.

'Oh, thanks. I didn't think anyone would hear it, though.' He giggled, which turned her stomach upside down, and her weak and insecure smile now became one from ear to ear. She hoped to hear him speak once more, but she got the hint when he looked down at his coffee again, and she walked away in the direction of the toilets. 'What even should he say to me..' she quietly told herself, looking in the mirror to fix her hair.

Coffee after coffee and about one hour went by, which included staring, reading, blushing, and nothing else really. Tiffany was about to leave, earlier than Ashton for the first time. Getting up, she looked in his direction for one second, and to her surprise, he was already looking at her which gave her a weird feeling in her stomach. She smiled at him and then looked down, continuing her way towards the door to leave. And then she got, what she'd been hoping for.

'Hey, wait a second!' She heard his voice say, and she smiled to herself. She turned around, waiting for him to continue.

'It's you.' He stated, nervously, not too sure about what he was saying. 'You're Tiffany.'