Verdacht

"Hey Alch, going to the Cirque with us later?"

"Yeah, why not? I just need to fix up a few things."

"Lemme guess, the Hyralok thing again, huh?"

"Oh come on, I'm so close to finding it out."

It has been three weeks since I've been dinding stuff out about this Hyralok. All I know for now is that it's a depressant used on patients experiencing severe trauma. Other accounts say it's an illegal medication. This, adding the fact that I found it on the basement in our dwelling, still doesn't add up the facts. I've heard my parents talked about it countless times, but I never actually has the guts to ask theme about it. Sometimes I curse myself for being so curious.

"Can't believe we're certified Spellweavers now!"

"Spellweavers - in - training, to be precise."

"Get real, we're so gonna ace this course."

"Yeah, with a lost limb or two."

"Oh lighten up, Alch!"

"Yeah, yeah."

I've been thinking a lot about stuff that I forgot that I'm already a Spellweaver - in -training already. It's going to be doubly tough from now on. We gotta prove ourselves to the High Treaty that we're more than capable of leading the West Expanse to greater things. Just thinking about it is enough to give me goosebumps. I literally have to juggle my own twisted, mysterious personal life with my life as a student. Sometimes I think if I'll be able to graduate with my mind intact.

"Yo, Alch!"

"Huh?!"

"You're at home already, see you later sis!"

"O-oh yeah, yuo you too!"

That's odd. Mom usually welcomes me home everytime I go home. Where could she be? 

*Look Alchyone, a Hibiscus! You like this don't you?*

What in the world! There it is again. That voice. It's been pretty silent lately. Kind of a shock it jumped at me again. I've been trying to figure out who this voice in my head really is. I hypothesized that it really isn't speaking to me. It says a lot of sentences that realy don't add up to a lo of situations I'm currently facing. Like in time, it said something about my birthday, when Iwas currently taking a Historica exam. It seems to be recorded, in my mind, and sets off at the most unexpected time. I can't really tell it's gender, but the way it talks mak it seems like boy. But that's just me, because it likes to talk about what I like. Though it could be a girl, I just don't know. Lastly, something about that voice seems so familiar, so warm.......so nostalgic.

I ponder on these things as I walk towards our receiving area. Empty, like our dining area. Where the heck could they be? They didn't tell me they were going anywhere, so what gives?

"Mom?"

"Dad?"

""Hello, anyone home?"

"I got an A+ in Botanica, in case you're angry at me...."

*The sun sets, the moon rises. These are the things that are so easily unnoticed but are the most beautiful...*

I tried to ignore the hallucination I was facing. NO snacks, no visional on, no nothing! I've checked every nook and cranny of this place.........except the basement! I scurried past the stairs to the bak of our dwelling. I always feel creepy everytime I need to go to this place. Why is it thatevery disturbing and utterly weird things keep happening here? This had better not be a surprise party.

As my hand reached for the knob, it suddenly moved. It sent my hairs to stand on end.  I prepare myself for the worse, as a familiar figure came to my sight.

"Oh sweetie, you're home already? Sorry, if I wasn't able to welcome you home. Been busy cleaning the basement."

"Geez mom, you scared the hell outta me! Anyway, where's Dad?"

"He's overtime on work."

"Since when has he gone overtime for work?"

"That's what he told me..."

"Okaaaay...."

"Y-you must e hungry, I'll whip up a snack for you......Coming?"

"Yeah, in a few."

"Okay, and don't go in the basement. Still a lot of cleaning to do there."

"Yup."

I tried to answer my mom whilst looking over the basement. Overtime? I've never in my life witnesed Dad going overtime for work. And since when did Mom suddenly want to clean the basement? Questions continue to fill my mind. Even if I agreed to not go inside, every fiber of my being was saying otherwise.

As a took a peak at the opening, I gave out a silent yelp and knocked myself down on the floor. I saw a hooded black figure looking directly at me! And what's worse is that he had ghostly, feindish glowing eyes that were stabbing right through me. I heard my mom's footsteps coming closer to me. I fixed myself up beforre she could see me crumpled on the floor.

"Everything alright?!"

"Yes, I just slipped."

"Sure?"

"100%!"

"That's good. Come in the kitchen and I made snacks."

That was it playing detective for a day. All these suspicions I have just keep on multiplying. But one thing's for sure, I'm hell bent on finding out everything. The Hyralok, the voice, the hooded figure, everything. As we headed towards the kitchen, my mom made one long glance at the basement. Her head seemed to motion something. Could she know something about the figure I saw? 

One more suspicion and another one to crack.

*They'll take me away, right?*

Make that two.....