FFMBBF - Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Luke's POV

Today was the day. Today I was going to tell Sydney exactly how I felt. My feelings had doubled. I was pretty sure I had managed to fall in love with Sydney. The way her face crinkled when she was thinking. Her smile, laugh and her eyes. Her beautiful blue eyes that let me see into her soul. The way she curled her hair around her finger when she was tired or sad. How she cuddled up to my side and fell asleep almost everynight.

Sometimes I'd hear her talk in her sleep. Once she had said my name in her sleep, and then shortly after she woke up screaming. I had to wake her up to stop her screaming. Neither of us slept for the rest of that night. I didn't ask her what the dream was about because it had obviously scared her.

But I couldn't help wanting to know, why was I there if it scared her? maybe she didn't like me, but she needed to know how I feel and I'm not holding it inside any longer. I need to tell someone so why not Sydney herself? I would be a good time. Considering how close we have gotten over the past couple of weeks, I thought it would be necesarry. We've kissed more than once, for crying out loud.

I saw Sydney walk into the living room dressed and ready for school. I smiled to myself as I looked at her. She looked as beautiful as always, her hair falling down around her face making her blue eyes stand out and when I smiled, she smiled in return, her face glowing slightly as her eyes seemed to brighten.

She looked genuinly happy, she hadn't looked like that ever since Jamie happened the weekend after her birthday. Sure she smiled and laughed but I could tell she was never really happy because her eyes never shone as brightly as to what they are shining like now. I felt like I caused that, I made her genuinly happy as she walked around the kitchen finding her breakfast.

I kept the small smile on my face as I got up and put my plate into the dishwasher, before heading into the living room and turning on the tele, waiting for everyone to be ready. After a few minutes I heard dishes clattering before Sydney entered the room sitting down next to me. Gently moving my arm, which was laying over the top of the sofa, so it was back in my lap.

Sydney, shocking me, grabbed my arm quickly before moving it around her as she snuggled into my side. I looked at her, shock written all over my face, as she looked up at me with a small glint in her eye.

I knew this was the moment I had to tell her.

Sydney's POV

I knew this was the moment I had to tell him.

As I sat in his arms looking up at him, I just knew I had to tell him.

"Luke?" I said at the same time as he said "Sydney?" I smiled again. When Luke didn't say anything, I decided to speak. "You can go first." I said, smiling at him slightly. He scratched the back of his neck before smirking. "Ladies first." Was his reply.

I sent him a smirk of my own. "Men just before!" I stated, watching as the shock showed on his face knowing he had lost. "Well, I need to tell you something!" He explained, before he continued. "I have a confession. I don't know what it is about you, but there's something because I have the constant need to be near or around you. I feel like I need to protect you and keep you safe. I have an attraction to you that's to strong to deny. I need you in my life, Sydney. I'll protect you and keep yo safe because the truth is, I really like you, Sydney." And before I get get the shocked expression off my face, Luke kissed me. And I kissed him back.

The kiss was deep, passionate. Like he was trying to show me how much he cared through the one kiss. My heartbeat was abnormally fast, as I couldn't believe his words. I slowly pulled out if the kiss and looked up at Luke, my eyes slightly wide with the shock if everything.

"That's good then, because now I don't have to worry about you sharing my feelings. I really like you too, Luke." I replied with a smile on my face watching as his face turned to a shocked one. Before he could say anything else I kissed him lightly before going back to my room smiling like an idiot to myself.

But I only took about five steps before I felt arms grab me around the waist. Luke spun me round to face him before pushing me up against the wall. "Your not leaving that easily!" Luke stated with a smile on his face before his face started to get closer to mine. Luke stopped only about an inch away. "Sydney? I was wondering if you'd like to b....." 

Someone cleared their throat, interrupting Luke's question. I heard Luke give a small annoyed groan that only I could her as we both turn to face the person.

"What's going on here? Important question maybe? Well, sorry to interrupt but the boys are coming out here in three, two, one."  Just then, Dylan, Nate and Sean walked in and I hid my face in Luke's chest as an attempt to hide my blush.

"What the hell? Luke, what are you doing?" I heard Dylan all but growl at his best friend.  I turned to look at Dylan's face only to see his expression was filled with rage. I quickly turned completely to face all of them. I walked up to Dylan, standing in front of him.

"There's nothing to worry about, Dylan. Luke was just going to say something to you and Nate. Weren't you, Luke?" I asked with a smirk on my face. As soon as Luke realised what I was doing his eyes widened slightly and his mouth opened a little. 

Luke's shocked expression turned to oneof nerves when my brother's looked at him expectantly. "Umm, well.....I need to ask you guys if its alright with you if I make Sydney my g-girlfriend?" Luke asked, his voice shaking slightly as my brother's gave him a hard stare for a minute. "It depends what Sydney wants, whatever she wants we are happy with." Dylan and Nate replied in sync. 

Luke turned to me, waiting for my answer. I decided to have a little fun with him, pretending to think about it, making him worry as I took forever to answer his question. Walking uo to him slowly I put an apologetic look on my face and stood right in front of him. As he looked at my expression I saw the glint disappear from his eyes and his face fall. Quickly putting a smile on my face I wrapped my arms around Luke's neck and kissed him long and hard. Before pulling back and grinning up at him.

"Yes. I'll be your girlfriend Luke!"

.....................................................................................................................................................................................

Hey guys,

Thanks for reading, don't know how long it is but I have done my best to make it longer than the last chapter like I said I would.

vote, comment, fan :)

-Brooke x