FFMBBF - Chapter 19

Chapter 19

I woke up in my room with a pounding headache. I was still in my dress I wore to the ball. Why did I sleep in my dress? I wondered just as the door was opened and the crew walked in. Luke had some bruises on his face as well as Nate. What happened to them? I wondered as I looked over at Dylan only to see he didnt have a bruise at all.

"What happened to you two?" I asked as I got off my bed and walked towards Luke and Nate. I gently touched Nate's cheek making him wince and push my hand away. I stared at them all waiting for an answer before Emily came up to me almost in tears. She gave a me a big hug before looking up at me. "You really don't remember?" She asked in a small voice. I shook my head slowly, no. Looking around the room, I was hoping would explain what had happened! What don't I remember? Why don't I remember?

A hand touched my shoulder gently before I was made to sit on my bed. Emily sat next to me, still hugging me tightly. The boys looked down at me with sad, yet angry faces. "At the ball, you were all happy and having fun wen Jesse asked to speak to you." Dylan started. I remember that, but what happened after? I remember half way hrough the conversation Emma appeared but I can't remember what was said between the three of us, or how we finished the conversation.

I simply nodded to show that I was listening. Nate continued "You guys said some stuff, then Emma appeared and you got into a little arguement. Jesse dumped you for Emma in the end and you came back with tears streaming down your face. We brought you home straight after and when we pulled up to the house......"

"Jamie was waiting for me" I whispered as everything started to flood back into my memorie. Tears pooled my eyes as I remembered the Jesse scene completely. They started running down my cheeks when I remembered what Jamie tried to do for the third time this year. I hugged Emily tighter while she squeezed me back. "What happened after Jamie knocked me out?" I asked in a small voice.

Luke answered this time. "We kicked his ass of course. He got a few hits on me and Nate while Dylan brought you to bed. After that Jamie left swearing he would be back for you one day, but it wouldn't only be him. He'd have back-up. That's why either Nate, Dylan or I will be at your side twenty-four seven to make sure you don't get hurt." I felt my face go pale as his words sunk in. Not that I was scared of having someone with me all day everyday, but if Jamie had back-up I didn't want the boys getting hurt. Luke saw my face drain of colour, my eyes flicking to Emily quickly. "Don't worry Syd, Sean will be with Em twenty-four seven two. We don't want you to be safe and then Jamie goes for Em instead."

I shivered as the name left his lips. Those soft lips that I've kissed more than once, so tender and gentle, I just wanted to grab his face and kiss him......woah, stay on track Sydney, focus! Shaking my head to clear the thoughts, I stood up slowly trying to find my balance so I could get changed. "Ok, but can you get out now? I want to get changed." I replied as I waltsed to my draws and pulled out some clothes, putting them on my bed.

They all nodded before walking out the room. Once they had all left, I stripped out of my dress, put on a clean set of bra and knickers before putting on a pair of light jeans, a vest top and a slightly oversized, warm and cuddly jumper. I walked out to find Emily, Sean and Dylan in the kitchen while Nate and Luke sat on he sofa with ice packs pressed to the areas that hurt. I went and sat inbetween them before bringing my legs up on the sofa and curling into a ball to stop myself from getting cold as the auturmn season started.

I felt an arm go round me from my right and pull me into a warm chest. Resting my head on Luke's chest I closed my eyes as the smell of his colonge went up my nose. It smelt really nice. My heart was beating at an abnormal pace as he hugged me closer and kissed me hair. I felt butterflies in my stomach and frowned slightly. Why did that happen everytime I got close to him? I thought as I silently wished the butterflies would go away.

They didn't. Instead they got stronger when Luke's arm dropped to my waist slightly. I felt safe and secure sitting here in his embrace, but I was also worried slightly. I know I've liked Luke since the time we kissed on the sofa, but I always thought it was the moment that did it. Never did I think they would grow stronger over the past few months. Jesse managed to distract me slightly even though I really did like him, just not as much as I liked Luke. I looked up at him to see him smiling down at me so I smiled pack, blushing slightly while quickly looking back at the tv and snuggling back into his chest.

...............................................................................

The past three weeks have been fun, my feelings for Luke keep growing and so does our friendship. Luke spends the most time with me out of the three boys who should be protecting me, from what....I really don't know. Jesse hasn't been to school much and when he is in he always gets mysterious phone calls before leaving quite quickly. Jamie has been giving me weird glances and I even found a note in my locker saying 'No matter how much they protect you, we will get our way and you. If we don't, the people you love might not see the light of day again.' I paled when I read it and because Luke was always there with me, I had to show him the note.

He showed the crew and now my group of friends are involved to. They are all protecting me or Emily because we had a hunch that this person might go for her too. As we were all at my house I noticed Chloe and James barely paying the other any attention, they even got into a heated argument about something. I walked up to Chloe depressed figure. "What happened?" I asked as I gave her a bear hug. I saw a small tear roll down her face.

"James found out about me sleeping in Nate's bed. He said he didn't care if we did anything because the feelings he had for me were fading anyway and that he hopes we can be friends. I only said we could be friends to get passed the awkwardness that would be between us." I nodded showing I understood. "Come here." I lead her into Nate's room and sat her on the bed before going to get Nate.

I tapped his shoulder making him stop his conversation with Luke, who was smiling at me, and turn to me. I smiled at Nate with a slight glint in my eye. "She's broken, I know about your feeling. To help your relationship you need to get her trust and help her in times like this. She's in your room waiting!" I told him before he sprinted off to his room.

I watched at he dissapeared up the stairs before walking over and flopping down on the sofa. I was so tired,I barely get any sleep at night and have only just started having someone sleeping in my room to keep me calm.

Everyone has been on edge since the ball and even with all the smiles, you can see the worry in people's eyes. No one knows what's going to happen when it's going to happen but when we think things are looking ok, everything turns upside down again.

"Your so stupid, you walked into a door?" I asked Olivia as she walked along the school corridors with Luke and I. Olivia blushed slightly before nodding. I let out a small laugh. "What were you so distracted by?" I questioned. She went a darker shade of red before mumbling a name that only I could her. "Clay Albert."

My smiled was wide when I felt someone put there arm around me. But when I looked at Luke both his hands were by his side. I started to panick when I stopped and neither Luke or Olivia noticed. Slowly turning, I came face to face with Jamie and standing behind him was a smirking Jesse. My heart clenched as I looked at him. Jamie's grip tightened on my arm as he started to drag me the opposite way to Luke and Olivia. 

"Luke, maybe next time look around you more." I yelled making him turn. His eyes scanned the two boys behind me and his face contorted into anger as he sprinted down the corridor, almost knocking Jamie and Jesse out when he go close enough.

I'd been watched even more closely since that day. Hell knows where they would have taken me if I hadn't of yelled at Luke but thank god that they didn't gag me or something. 

But there was a small problem, I got another note in my locker today. 'In two weeks you will come down to the old warehouse on bakers street or your out of time and your loved ones will die.'  I hade made up my mind, I will go to protect my family and loved ones but that's not what scared me.

Tomorrow, I'm going to tell Luke how I really feel about him.

And I'm scared of his rejection.

.............................................................................

Hey guys,

i know its short and I'm sorry for the long wait but my teachers won't stop giving us homework. I'll try to make the next chaper long but it might take a while.

Vote, comment, fan :)

-Brooke xx