Chapter Four

You're stunned. Join Sabertooth? With this dongus as the master? You're not sure how to react to this.

"I get it. You were just fired, and–" You cut Sting off by putting a finger over his lips.

You smile. "Shh. I would love to join. Besides..." You look over at the two exceeds shaking hands. "I'd love to meet all your friends."

Sting's eyes light up like a child on Christmas, and he gives a toothy grin.

"REALLY?! Ahem. I mean, if you want. It's your choice." You giggle at his cover-up.

"Should we go?" You motion towards the sidewalk.

"Yeah! Woo hoo!" Sting starts to walk, but then stops and backs up.

"Ladies first..." He puts one hand behind his back, and extends the other one.

"Why thank you, kind sir." You giggle at how gentlemanly he suddenly is and take up his offer after grabbing Rami.

~*~Time Skip~*~

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there now?"

"No."

"How 'bout now?"

"Will you PLEASE be quiet?" You growl at the flying exceed next to you. Rami has been asking questions for the past half hour.

"I will if you carry me." You sigh and roll your eyes, but take the violet-red cat in your arms anyway.

"So what's your guild like?" You look at Sting and tilt your head.

Sting tells you all about Sabertooth. How the old master was cruel and punished people for losing once. How Minerva, the old master's daughter, was almost even more cruel than her father. How Sting is part of a duo called "The Twin Dragons". Everything.

You listen to Sting while the two exceeds chat. He's not so much of a dongus as you thought.

"Well, this is it! Guild sweet guild." Sting holds out his arms and spins around to face you. "Whaddya think?"

The Saberooth guild hall is huge. Like, really huge. The domed building has a giant Sabertooth Tiger on the roof, ready to pounce. There are small colorful flowers surrounding the exterior in potting boxes with a few trees scattered around.

"Woah. It's so...big." Your jaw hangs open and you gape at the guild hall in front of you. "I'm so used to my tiny apartment, this is so weird for me."

"Welp, you're gonna have to get used to it, 'cause this is where we hang out pretty much every day." Sting crosses his arms. "It's where we find work 'n stuff. Ready to go in?"

"Ready as I'll ever be, I guess." You gulp. What if no one likes you? What if you don't make any money? What if...

"Hey," Sting puts his hands on your shoulders. "They're gonna love you. I know it." You take a deep breath and he leads you to the double doors. "I'll count. Three...two...one." And with that, Sting opens the gateway to your brand new life.