Chapter 3

OKAY! I've decided to put myself in it, as Ireland, and for some reason I'm in a mood where I really like Russia, so, I won't play a huge part, but a little.

****

Russia looked around, confused on why the Baltic states left without him. He sighed, leaning against the wall. He was alone, again.

Just then, he spotted a girl running out of the building, into the cold. He wondered why she was crying, so he ran after her.

"A-are you okay?" He asked, putting a hand on the brunette's shoulder. She spun around, green dress trailing behind her. Tears had made marks down her cheeks, and she shook her head no.

"M-my brother... He didn't know who I was..." She sniffled, and he placed a hand on her cheek, wiping away a tear that had escaped her glowing green eyes.

"I'm Russia." He said, smiling a little. "But, you can call me Ivan."

"I'm Ireland," she smiled back, leaning into his touch. "But you can call me Maric." She giggled a bit, causing him to chuckle.

He smiled brighter. He had known the country for years, just not a lot of conversations happened between them.

"Thank you for coming after me, I would have still been a hot mess." She said, glad to have someone care about her.

BANG BANG BANG!

Russia pulled her along into the building, hearing the gunshots. Ireland went back to crying, scared as hell.

"Please..." She pleaded, hiding behind the piano, and everyone had fled upstairs. The doors burst open.

The 2p countries.

"I know you're here, little countries." The Oliver called out, holding a gun. Ireland was pulled into a hug by Russia, where she shook like a chihuahua. She hadn't been very familiar with guns, because of course, she has commanded an army once before when she was with England, but he had told her what to say.

The Allan smirked, noticing the piano. The two crept behind it, aiming their guns. Russia felt his defensive side take over, as he shielded her more.

"Don't hurt anyone, please..." Ireland begged, leaning into Russia.

"I'll protect you, my sunflower." He whispered as he kissed her sweetly.

****

England was in his own room, many people inside it as well. He stood up, then pulled a drawer out from under his bed. Guns lay clattered together, and Germany nearby smirked in happiness. America smiled too, pulling out the shotgun. China had chosen the simple handgun, Japan had his swords. France had a gun as well, although he hadn't been sure what he picked. China held his pot closely, ready for anything. Italy was behind Germany, shaking with a pistol in his hand. Germany had a rifle, and they exited, Germany leaded.

England watched his sister shake under Ivan, and he struggled to not gasp. The group went down, springing onto the 2p countries.

Germany on Luciano, America on Francois, England on Allan, France and Italy on Ion. China attacked Lutz, finding himself also attacking Kyo as well. Russia got up, dragging his pipe out as he hit Oliver in the head, Japan striking Wang.

The battle only lasted a few minutes, but the original countries won, the 2p ones leaving quickly. Russia and England ran and helped Ireland up, keeping her steady. Ireland happily hugged both of them, although she had seemed upset moments ago.

"I thought I lost you..." She muttered, kissing both their cheeks. France cracked a sweet smile, admiring England.

"You wouldn't ever lose me... I'm sorry I didn't acknowledge you, I-I needed to do something." He admitted, scratching the back of his neck. Ireland smiled weakly, then hugged Russia.

"Thank you." She whispered, pecking his cheek. France butt in, making a pouty face.

"Do I get one?" He then smirked, leaning in. She quickly backed up, then smirked herself.

"Everyone gets one... Besides France because according to brother he's a perverted frog." She giggled, kissing Germany's cheek, who had turned bright red in anger when she kissed Italy's cheek. The other countries soon came down, the party resuming to normal.

****

England crashed onto his bed after the guests had left, and he stripped, crawling into bed. The cool sheets felt good on his warm skin, and he began drifting to sleep.

England woke abruptly in bed, tears flowing as he remembered Australia, who would stay mad at him for a long time. The events of the day before rushed into his head as he began crying more. France couldn't really love him...

He got up from his bed, walking downstairs. He gulped down water quickly, standing in only his boxers. Then something gleaming caught his eye, and he went further into the kitchen to investigate. A knife lay on the counter, black handle shining as it was brand new. He examined it, then felt it disappear from his hand, as he heard stirring behind him.

France came forward, examining England closely. "Angleterre?" He wondered, coming near him.

England shoved past him, and back upstairs. He would retrieve the knife later.