Chapter Eleven: Maybe Not

Start from the beginning

Liam gave him the universal motion to wait a moment, and he disappeared from the window. Zayn could feel his nerves attacking him, but he forced himself to stay where he was. He wasn’t going to screw this up anymore, no. He was going to show Liam how good he could be, how he could try and be worth Liam’s love. It took Liam a few moments, but he came back to the view of the window, completely dressed, and climbed out of the window, and jumped to the ground, landing soundlessly. “You terrified me, you know.” He said softly, walking towards Zayn. “I thought… I thought that, even though something was telling you that we were meant to be, that you still didn’t want me. That no one ever could, that I could want no one else as much as I want you, but you wouldn’t have me. I thought… I don’t know, that I wasn’t, that I still don’t deserve you, Zayn.”

Zayn shook his head when Liam stopped in front of him. “No… I… Liam, you may not be perfect, but, god, you’re as close as I’m ever going to get to seeing perfect and… I don’t even know how to put it into words.”

Liam nodded, looking at Zayn softly. “I’ve never been in a relationship before…”

Zayn was shocked. How could people not see how good Liam was? He was funny, smart, kind and good looking. “Never…?”

“Well, I have been in a few before, back when I was, like, 12.” He admitted with a small laugh. “But… I pushed most people away, I guess.” He shrugged, as if it was no idea, but Zayn could sense his pain.

“We could take things slow?” Zayn asked, “I mean, if you want to date me.”

“I want to date you.” Liam said, a blush covering his cheeks. Zayn felt himself flush as well.

He nodded, and grabbed Liam’s hand, intertwining their fingers. “So… Will you be my boyfriend?” Zayn asked with a slightly cheesy smile. He wanted to do this properly, how Liam wanted.

Liam nodded, a smile covering his own lips. “Yeah. Definitely.”

-Ж-

After Liam headed back in to leave a note for his aunt to tell her where he would be, the two head back to the pack house, holding hands.

They walked in an only slightly awkward silence, catching each others eyes every so often, before blushing and looking away.

The two walked in, trying to be as quiet as possible, but it was for nothing. Louis and Harry were waiting for Zayn to come back, and they grinned when they saw the two boys’ hands intertwined.

“And you know what that means babe.” Louis said, with a grin to Harry.

Harry nodded from behind him, arms wrapped tightly around the smaller human. “I know, I know.” He said softly into Louis’ ear, kissing the shell of it. Zayn felt awkward, as if he was invading on something private.

“What means what?” Liam asked, standing next to Zayn with a small blush.

“Oh, nothing.” Louis said, melting back into Harry. “Anyways, you two sorted out your angsty shit?”

“Yeah, we did.” Zayn said, with a sappy smile and a fond look to Liam, who had a bright blush.

“Finally.” Louis said, “Carry me back to bed Hazza. I’m too tired to walk.”

Harry smiled at him, and obliged.

“Well, that was…” Zayn said awkwardly.

“Odd?” Liam filled in, laughing slightly.

“That’s one way to put it.” Zayn agreed, pulling him towards the basement. “Wanna put a movie on and sleep through it?”

Liam grinned at him, and Zayn took that as a yes. He opened the door for Liam, who blushed slightly and slipped through, going to the movie rack. He scanned it for a few moments before pulling out- surprisingly- Toy Story 3. Zayn raised an eyebrow at him as he took it, “It’s good…” Liam muttered.