My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Two

Start from the beginning

I chuckled. "Yes, I know. So, what do you want to do tomorrow?" I asked, nuzzling my nose against hers and she sighed in content. "Whatever you decide, I'm all for it."

"Like I said, I just want a simple gathering with just us five," she said, shifting her body to get comfortable. "I'll do the cooking and I want to show dad my culinary skills that I had acquired from living with you," she giggled at the end but then wince, probably from the migraine.

I smiled."Okay, but am I allowed to bear gifts then?" I asked warily for I knew she hated the thought of me buying her things, particularly expensive ones.

"Oh, god," she moaned. "As long as it's not a sports car, jewelry or anything expensive, it's okay."

I pouted playfully. "But where's the fun in that?" I asked, raising my eyebrow. "You know me, my love. I can't resist."

She rolled her eyes. "You just like to flaunt your billions," she teased. "Such a show off..."

I leaned in to kiss her lips softly. I could never get over that Reagan was mine, and it felt like it was just only yesterday that we confessed our feelings back in Santorini Island, that such incredible girl would want me. She made me feel alive, close to humanity and I'd die trying in letting her know everyday that I love her.

"But you love this show off," I mumbled into her lips and kissed her again. "You can't resist the Derek Kolinkar charm."

"And he went from charming to cocky," she said, pure mirth lacing her tone.

I chuckled. "You silly girl," I told her and  with one last kiss, I got out of the bed and stood in front of her. I needed her to have a full rest, and besides, I had to talk to Luke about something. "You need to rest," I told her with a small smile. "I'll check up on you from time to time. I need to talk with Luke and Ryder about your transformation."

She nodded. "Okay," she agreed then gave me a loving smile. "I love you."

Smiling though deep inside, I didn't want to leave her alone to deal with the pain, I said, "As I love you, my little one," and dematerialized myself out of her room.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Seconds later, I dematerialized myself on the foyer and used my energy signature scan for Luke and Ryder's aura. My readings indicated they were in the living room, and with my advance hearing, they were discussing about the parchment. If you ask me, that thing is useless. We thought it would give us answers in breaking that wretched prophecy, but all it brought us was more questions to mull over... questions that were answered with more damn questions.

Taking a deep breath, I headed over to the living room on a liesurely pace. My mind was solely stuck on Reagan and her condition and upon entering the room, Luke and Ryder's heads snapped in my direction and I gave them a small smile.

"How's my baby girl holding up?" Luke asked with worry in his voice.

I sighed, walked over the couch and took a seat next to Ryder on the four seater one, which was across from Luke, who was sitting at the eight seater one. "She's bearing it like a real trooper," I informed him.

Luke smiled sadly."I know how it feels," he said. "I went through the same thing before I turned eighteen."

"Me too," Ryder piped up.

I frowned. "How come your transformation is excruciating?" I asked, cocking my head to the side. "Alerians don't have to go through this."

Luke frowned. "Derek," he began, "Galerians were created by two powerful beings. Our anatomy is constituted with two species thus inheriting the same traits of coming of age. Our physical selves need to adjust in gaining our full potential, but it comes with physical pain. Unlike for Alerians, and I think you already know this, but they just gain their full power on their birthday, and as for purebloods..." he paused, shifting in his seat, "...they experience physical pain before their birthday, when the stage of immortality slowly starts to activate in their system."

Now it made sense to me. Galerians inherited both traits from two species and experienced the pros and cons of the change.

"I see now," I said with a nod, fully understanding everything. As my eyes landed on the parchment which was laid dead center of the coffee table, I asked to no one in particular, "Any leads yet?"

"None so far," Ryder replied and I faced him. "The Alerian historian will dig more on the ancient archives, but he can't make any guarantees."

"Alright," I said with a dejected sigh. I just hope that historian will give us good news soon. I had a gut feeling that something bad was going to happen and most likely, blood would spilled.

As I was about to ask another question, I felt that familiar electric current in the air, a sign that someone was teleporting. The concentration was dense at the living room entry way and seconds later, a blurry figure slowly solidified.

It was Cooper.

"Dude, you'll never guess what happen in the headquarters," he said warily.

I frowned. "What do you mean, Cooper?" I asked, mighty curious. What could possibly happen next, aside from me being banned from the stupid building?

Cooper gave me a look that was a mixture of fear and worry, and to be honest, I didn't like it one bit. "Marcus did something and your older brother, Darren, is on it."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Bryson's Point Of View

Again, Reagan didn't show up to school today. She had told me over the phone that she was coming today, but she didn't, and this had me worried a great deal. I tried calling her, but she isn't answering. It just rang and rang, and eventually, I gave up.

So much for being excited to confess my feelings for her.

Surprisingly, Ciara wasn't breathing down my neck like she usually does. I found it, odd but who am I to complain? As long as she stays away from me, it's all good and everybody's a happy camper.

Leaning my back against my locker, I lifted my wrist watch to check the time. The final bell had already rang twenty minutes ago and I'm still here in school. To be honest, I was mulling over if I'm going to visit Reagan - though it was suicidal and probably that fugly elder would kick my ass - and see if she was alright. Maybe she hadn't fully recovered yet or something...? Damn, I should have let Mercedes cook her special chicken noodle soup, the one Reagan loves so much.

I sighed deeply. I guess we just have to see tomorrow then.

Tomorrow... wait a second... tomorrow? It's her birthday tomorrow! How did that slip my mind? Jesus, I've known her for a long time and I just have to forget that?

Good job, Bryson.

That's it! I'm going to the mall and buy her present. Yes, that's a good idea. I think I know something that she would like, so with a big smile on my face, I propped myself off my locker and headed over to the parking lot.

As I got out of the building, I felt like I was being watched and it made the hairs on my nape rise. Every step I took, I darted my eyes left, right, hell, I even glanced behind me, but nothing was out of the ordinary. The almost deserted parking lot just added to the creepiness factor, so I hurried over to my car and dug for my keys, got them out, but before I pressed the remote to disable the alarm system, something hit me hard at the back of my head, making my vision blurry and disorientated. I tried to turn around to see who hit me, but instead, I slumped heavily to the floor and by now, my vision had black dots on it.

Whoever hit me must have used a baseball bat.

Before I gave in to the darkness, I heard a sickeningly sweet familiar voice that made my skin crawl:

"Nighty night, baby."

Ah, hell! Not her...

* * * * * ** * * * * * ** * * * *

Will post in a few days and it will be Reagan's birthday. She will have a special guest.

;-D

Thank you so much for reading and voting! ;-D