Chapter 7

Zack's POV

"So you're in a band?" Samantha asked, smiling at me.

I nodded "We sure are." I told her, returning her smile.

"What do you guy's do?" I asked both Samantha and Aubrey.

Aubrey looked at me, her cheeks flushed. "Um, I'm a nurse."

"A nurse." Matt gushes. "I should have known."

I frown at him. It's almost like he's flirting, but knowing Matt he doesn't even realise he's doing it.

"Is it interesting?" I ask her, while Matt continues to smile at her.

"It has it's good day's and bad day's." She say's so softly that can I barely hear her.

"Um what about you?" I asked Samantha.

"I'm a Grade School teacher." She said smiling widely.

I should have picked it. She had one of those open friendly faces, the kind that children always felt comfortable around, and her personality seemed to match.

"So." Matt said, suddenly interrupting. "Are you ready to dance yet?"

I looked at him looking at Aubrey.

She shook her head. "No, I am not." And she took a long drink of her beer.

"Let me get you another." Matt offered, standing up.

I stood up with him. "Another?" I asked Samantha and she nodded, so I turned and followed Matt to the bar.

We lined up and when we finally reached the bar Matt ordered.

"Four Corona's and four shots of Jack." He tells the girl.

I frown. "What are you doing?" I ask him.

He raised his eyebrow's, looking at me. "What?"

"Why are we buying these girl's drinks?" I asked him, because last time I checked we were married.

He sighed. "Look Zack." He snapped. "It's kind of nice to have a normal conversation with someone."

I had to nod my head, he was right, it was nice having a normal conversation with someone of the opposite sex.

"And if you haven't noticed, they're actually nice, and they're not throwing themselves at us, trying to get us in bed like most those fangirls."

I nodded again. "Yeah actually, you're right." I said as I grabbed the beers. "It is nice to have a normal conversation."

Matt smiled at me, picked up the shot's and walked back over to the girls.

"Here you go." He said smiling at Aubrey and placing a shot in front of her.

"Thanks." She smiled, looking down at it and raising her eyebrow's.

He placed one in front of Samantha. "Oh no thanks." She told him. "I'll stick to the beer."

"Oh well." Matt said and he placed that one in front of Aubrey as well. "Drink up." He said, smiling.

Aubrey shrugged and threw the shot down, smiling at Matt and then I watched as Matt threw his down, smiling back.

"So." Samantha said, ignoring those two. "I think I've seen you around, well I mean your band anyway."

"You have?" Matt asked, interrupting.

"Yeah." Aubrey said. "I think I have too, but well I can't say I know any songs or stuff."

Matt smiled at Aubrey, but she was completely unaware, she was currently scanning the crowd, like she was looking for someone.