Chapter 15

"Hurry Anora." Jackson tugged at my wrist trying to pull from where I had nestled myself on the couch. "The food will get cold," a soft whine left his throat, and he tugged once more on my wrist. I sighed softly, slumping my full weight against the arm of the couch.

"But all Mark made was ramen," I muttered into the fabric, struggling not to twitch my nose at the rough scratching against my face. "I don't want ramen." The slight whine that managed to slip past my lips made me cringe. I was hanging around Jackson too much. Maybe I should hang out with Jinyoung instead.

"If you're that hungry after," Jackson tugged harder on my wrist, causing me to grit my teeth at the uncomfortable tugging feeling in my shoulder muscle, "just buy chicken!"

"Jackson-"

"Hey." Mine and Jackson's attention shifted from each other to Jaebum, who stood in the kitchen doorway. I shifted from my slouched position, to sitting up, shaking my wrist loose from Jackson's grip. Jaebum's narrowed eyes flickered between Jackson and I, "stop goofing around. Lunch is ready." Jaebum's deep voice made my stomach turn and my face heat up.

"Yes daddy," Jackson sang out letting go of me to prance over to his elder. He slung his shoulder over Jaebum's shoulder, dipping his head so he could talk quietly to him. I didn't miss the pained expression that flashed across Jaebum's face.

I kept myself seated on the couch for a little longer, before sighing softly. I pushed my self off of the couch, trailing in the direction that Jaebum and Jackson had disappeared. If the ramen was plain, and tasted awful, I had money saved from the zoo trip that I could secretly order chicken after the boys left.

However, the seven members that I was looking for, the seven members I was used to seeing seated around the dinner table, were not currently in the room. Mark wasn't handing out the steaming plastic cups of instant ramen, Jackson wasn't whining at Jaebum and calling Jaebum "daddy". Only Yugyeom was, with one cheek resting in the palm of his right hand. His face was turned towards me, but his eyes were focused more on the table in front of him.

"Yuggy?" My voice cleared the silence, causing Yugyeom to jump where he sat. He lifted his head from his palm and smiled at me, his cheeks filling slightly with a pink blush. I moved from the doorway of the kitchen, to the empty spot beside Yugyeom, tucking one leg over the other. I heard, rather than saw, Yugyeom shift in his seat, the sound of fabric rubbing against fabric filling the space where my voice had been. "Where is everyone else?" I questioned, looking quickly over the room.

"I don't know," Yugyeom shrugged, his voice that was already slightly high pitched, sounded higher. I glanced over at him, my lips lifting at the fact that his pale, chubby cheeks were dusted with a pink blush that was darkening with every second. I glanced once more around the room, before scooting closer to him. I grabbed his hand that rested on the floor, entwining our fingers and resting the back of his hand on my thigh.

Yugyeom, I had figured out after several attempts of holding his hand in front of his members, that he hated PDA. His initial reaction, almost 100% of the time, was to blush, stutter, and drop my hand. So this tiny moment, where we were aloud to be left alone, was great. He squeezed my hand in his, his large, warm hand making the tension I had felt since earlier, evaporate.

"Ahem." I had to stop a sigh from slipping past my lips at the fact Yugyeom dropped my hand quickly, shoving his hands between his thighs. I glanced from Yugyeom, who's cheeks had darkened significantly, to the person who had interrupted our slight display of affection. It was Youngjae. He had on a plain white T-shirt, a bowtie that could have passed for a chocker the way it fit snugly on his pale white neck. His brown hair that was crinkled earlier from the water guns, was brushed straight and down, in front of his eyes.

"I'm Youngjae," he bowed at his waist, before straightening up with a smile, "and I'll be your server." He said all of this so nonchalantly, but it seemed really odd, for him to be the only one present.

"Youngjae." He perked up, his shoulders lifting before he turned to glance down at me. A soft, 'hmm?' Left his throat. "What's going on?" Youngjae glanced from me to Yugyeom who was resting silently at my side. I didn't bother to look back at him though, he was probably just looking into his lap and trying to think of an explanation as to why we were holding hands. "What's going on?" I questioned Youngjae.

Youngjae paled, he glanced once more at Yugyeom before grabbing me by my arm and tugging me to my feet. I struggled to follow after him without knocking over the table or tripping over my own feet. He pulled through the kitchen doorway, spinning us so we stood in the hallway leading to the bedrooms. His eyes flickered over my shoulder, before his brown eyes met my own. "I told you it was a date didn't I?"

His words didn't register right away, I just stared at him blankly until it clicked. Yugyeom had wanted to take me out today, but with the threat of fans, he felt most comfortable keeping me inside. So it made sense that the boys would come up with something. But I didn't think it would become this elaborate. Probably Jackson thought of last minute. I clicked my tongue, before reaching up to tug gently at the bow tie that offset Youngjae's pale skin. "A date huh?" I muttered.

"Yeah." Youngjae grabbed my hand, returned it to my side, turned me around before urging me around the doorway and back into the kitchen. Once again, Yugyeom jumped where he sat, his eyes widening. He seemed so jumpy today, and all I wanted to do was grab his cheeks between my thub and forefinger and pinch them.

I smiled brightly at him, before returning to his side. I sat, purposely, closer than before, our thighs touching constantly. His body tensed beside mine but he made no attempt to shift away from me. Baby steps. Youngjae sauntered back into the room, a large smile on his face. "Do you want me to-"

"Just order chicken Youngjae," I sighed out, staring up at him. He seemed taken aback but quickly recovered, nodding and rushing from the room. I sighed out softly, turning to face Yugyeom just in time for the click of a camera to come from his phone. "HEY!"

Yugyeom smiled brightly, a slight gigle slipping past his lips. I wanted to kiss him again. "You look so cute," he cooed, pinching my cheeks between his fingers. I stared at him in shock. This was the first time he had shown such affection towards me. "I couldn't resist." He waved his now locked phone in front of my face, drawing backwards as soon as I reached for it.

"Let me see Yuggy," I grummbled, crossing my arms over my chest. He pouted out his bottom lip, but didn't hand over the phone. I sighed softly, uncrossing my arms and grabbing for his hand. "At least let's take a selfie, yeah? We haven't done that yet." Yugyeom bit his plump bottom lip, his eyes flickering over my face before he let out a soft sigh.

"Fine, fine. Just don't-"

"I won't post it anywhere." I held out my pinky for him. "I promise." Yugyeom's pale cheeks filled, once again with a pink blush as he lifted his finger, entwined it with mine, before "locking it". I had to refrain from clapping in excitement, as I grabbed my phone from my back pocket, turning so my back was to Yugyeom.

I positioned the camera, briefly thinking how much easier it would be to take this picture if he'd just let me sit in his lap. I clicked my tongue, before taking the picture. I shifted backwards, so Yugyeom's knees pressed against my lower back, holding the phone slightly to my side so he could see too.

"Ahh," he whined, pointing to himself, "look at my eye." I glanced at it in the picture, a smile tugging at my lips when I saw it. You could see how evident his lower eyelid was. It didn't matter though, this was our first picture together, and I'd cherish it.

"Yugyeom," I turned go face him, tucking my phone back into my pocket, Yugyeom looked from my side to me, smiling faintly, "have you ever had a girlfriend before?"

"Uh." He lifted his hand to run it through his darkened purple hair, "no. Well, not until now." At first I didn't realize he meant me, and I felt my stomach drop at the thought of him having had a secret relationship this whole time, but he just stared at me. He stared at me with so much emotion his puppy- like brown eyes that it clicked.

"Me?"

"Yeah." He giggled nervously, before leaning closer so our noses brushed against each other. "I want you to be my girlfriend." His warm lips pressed against mine again, for the second time, and it was just as nice as the first time. This time he didn't hesitate to move his lips against mine. He only pulled away when Youngjae came back into the room, claiming that we would have to go get the chicken in about 20 minutes.