Chapter 2

"Anora.." The deep, yet gentle voice lulled me from my sleep, but not enough for me to open my eyes. "Hey." It was more persistent this time, followed by a rough shake of my shoulder.

"What?" I whined loudly, pulling the comforter over my head. It didn't rest there long before it was yanked down and the sunlight from behind the curtain seared my eyes, even behind my eyelids.

"C'mon. Time to get up." There was that deep voice again. I moaned softly to myself before rolling over onto my back. I pulled the blankets up to the bridge of my nose, before I peeled my eyes open. I squinted them just enough so the sun wouldn't be bothersome.

The guy, I'm not sure how old he was, was leaning back on his hands, his legs stretched out in front of him. The muscles in his arm flexed with even the slightest movement. The T-shirt he was wearing did little to hide the show, the sleeves were rolled up and bunched against his shoulder. His blonde hair looked rather soft and a few strands shifted around do to the breeze from the ceiling fan.

"What time is it?" I whispered, my voice rough with sleep. He chuckled softly under his breath, before glancing at the large white watch on his wrist.

"Noon. Mom told me to let you sleep as long as possible. But," he drawled, letting his head tilt back, his eyes staring up at the ceiling, "I was getting impatient." I sighed loudly and sat up, the comforter pooling around my naked thighs. Which drew my attention from the stranger leaning on his hands the my legs.

My eyes widened and yanked the sheets up to my chin. He looked at me, one eyebrow lifted in curiosity before he pushed himself off of his hands and onto his feet. "Well, hurry and-"

"What's your name?" The fact that all I could call him in my mind was "he" or "stranger", bothered me. He laughed nervously and rubbed at the back of his neck.

"Sorry. Kinda forgot. Mark. My name is Mark." He bowed slightly, before departing the room, glancing over his shoulder once before the door shut behind him.

I let out a long breath, the tightness that had swelled in my chest left as soon as the door clicked shut. I stood slowly, tugging at my shirt so it covered my underwear, before I gave up and shuffled to one of my many bags.

• •

It took me almost two hours to decide what to wear. And I showered, put make up on, etc. Eventually I just settled on high waisted shorts, Toms, and a tank top that was kinda cropped.

I braided my hair to the side before staring at myself in the mirror. My gray eyes seemed larger with the white eyeliner on my water lines made my eyes seem larger in a way. My red hair, not too dark not too light, was braided from one side to the other.

I sighed loudly, decided that it. Wasn't going to turn out any better than this, before leaving the room. I shut the door gently behind me, before walking on trembling legs back the way Mama Tuan and I had walked yesterdey, hoping I'd end up I. The living room.

I did, thank God. It seemed it was just Mark in the living room, his blond head peaking over the couch. "Hey." I cleared my throat and stepped over the threshold, clasping my hands behind my back.

"Took you long enough," He grumbled, his voice teasing. He turned away from the T.V and looked at me over the back of the couch.

"I'm sorry I took so long to get ready," I apologized quickly, biting my lower lip. He rolled his eyes teasingly before standing in one swift motion. I eyed him curiously, watching as he grabbed a wallet but no car keys. "Um?"

He ignored my sound of confusion, crying out something in Korean. He mentioned for me to follow, leading me out of the front doors.

The day wasn't hot, which made my current outfit immediately regrettable. I shivered unconsciously, and wrapped my arms around my self. Mark held the car door open for me, letting me slip into the the tinted car before he did as well.