I Have to do What?

Director Fury cleared his throat at the awkward and unsure situation, "Well, most of you guys know this part of the plan, so I'm gonna go figure more out about this Lesser guy." With that, the main guy in charge left and it was me with four, epic superheroes. 
  "Most?" I repeated Director Fury's comment after he left. "So, this is the part that I don't know?"
  Steve stepped closer towards me, scratching the back of his head, "Tony doesn't really know either..."
  I pursed my lips in realization, "That's why you guys needed him to leave..."
  "We thought it was best if we tell you first," Steve explained, his voice soft like he was trying to reassure me. 
  "Does this have to do with why I'm here?" I wondered in anticipation. 
  The question made Rogers hesitate so Natasha added, "Why are you so nervous about this? I've done worse when I was her age!"
  Which caused Barton to reply, "Yeah, you were actually trained for that kind of stuff."
  "And this is still dangerous for a child!" Steve pointed out.
  "Dangerous?" I repeated, starting to get even more nervous. 
  After a short pause in the room, Clint made a pop noise with his mouth as if to make the room a little less awkward and tense, "It's kinda why we wanted to tell you first, then... Tony," he shuttered. 
  "Can someone, please, just tell me?" I urged.
  So, Steve took a deep breath, "We have reason to believe that the main teenager - who is kind of like Lesser's right-hand man - is at your school."
  My eyes widened in disbelief, "Like, I could know this person? I'm going to school with someone who wants to kill the Avengers?!"
  "Yeah..." Rogers confirmed regrettably.
  "So, what do you want me to do about it?" I questioned, almost too anxious to want to hear the answer.
  Steve shifted uncomfortably, "Fury wants you to get information about the group."
  That made me pause, waiting for the worse part to come. Fortunately, it didn't, "... What's so terrible about that?"
  "Fury wants you to join them," Steve answered quickly.
  However, I narrowed my eyes in confusion, "... You know I don't hate you guys, right?... I'm a little mad about this... but-... I don't want to kill you guys."
  "We understand that," Steve admitted quickly.
  "You say that it was Fury's idea... Do you not agree?" I noticed.
  Steve took a deep breath before answering, "I think it's going to get dangerous..."
  "Why can't you guys bust this guy?" I challenged.
  "Gee, if only we looked like teenagers," Barton pointed out with sarcasm laced in his voice. "Like, I know I'm handsome and everything but I don't look that young."
  I rolled my eyes but huffed a laugh, "Alright, alright... I see your point. But why me?"
  Alas, Natasha was quick to reply, sourly, "Don't flatter yourself."
  Steve quickly glanced at Romanoff then he looked back at me, "We need someone that we know won't turn against us."
  Although, I narrowed my eyes, "How do you guys know I won't?"
  "Well, that cleared that up!" Barton exclaimed but I could hear the teasing tone behind his words.
  "No, no, I just meant that...-" I didn't really know what to say to make that statement any better. I heard Tony enter back into the room as I was saying, "I wouldn't-."
  Steve was quick to shake his head, "We know! If it makes you feel better, I trust you."
  I blushed at the statement and completely melted, making a complete fool out of myself like always! "Uh... I-," I was stuttering like an idiot. "W-..." some sort of noise escaped my lips. 
  Tony looked over at me, then he sighed, "You broke her!"
  Steve threw his hands up innocently, "I was just trying to be nice!"
  Tony scoffed and rolled his eyes, "Your perfect smile is going to get someone killed one of these days."
  I finally snapped out of the trance, "As I was saying, how do you guys know I won't turn against you?"
  "Because you're Stark's niece..." Steve pointed out, still blushing at the earlier incident. 
  "Which kind of means we are your family too," Banner smiled, warmly, finally joining the conversation. 
  Feeling it was genuine, I blushed, instantly flattered, "Aw, you guys really mean that?"
  Steve smiled and ruffled my blonde hair, "If Stark didn't get as jealous as he does all the time, then yeah." 
  "I'm not jealous!" Tony snapped, crossing his arms.
  "Rogers is my favorite," I smiled, innocently towards my uncle, standing right beside Steve.
  Tony balled his hand into a fist, "What?! I'm so much smarter than him! And he's too soft! And he fights like a girl! And I'm stronger! I am much more handsome than this pretty boy!" 
  Natasha coughed, awkwardly, into her sleeve so Tony stopped. 
  "Maybe I went too far..." I whispered towards Steve. 
  Tony cleared his throat then composed himself, "Well, this conversation can wait... What's the plan?"
  "I think I prefer him yelling," Steve stated, he'd rather Tony yell than for him having to tell Tony about the plan. "Um... Tony, Sam is going to be a spy and join Lesser," Steve explained.
  This made Tony narrow his eyebrows like he wasn't sure he heard right, "What?" However, when Steve repeated the sentence, Tony scoffed, "You know, I knew that I was smarter than you but this... is just stupid."
  "It wasn't my idea, Tony," Steve was trying to be easy. 
  "But you're going to put her in danger by putting her in the hands of Lesser?" Stark tested. 
  Steve became defensive, "I know it's dangerous! But-"
  "But you want to throw her into danger anyway, like a good soldier!" Tony snapped. 
  Wanting the argument to cease, I mumbled toward Steve, "Well... You said you'd prefer him yelling."
  Rogers huffed, "Yeah, about how he thinks he is better than me, not about how I'm trying to get his family killed." 
  So, I decided to step in but wanted to be gentle still so I carefully pointed out, "Tony, isn't this my decision?"  
  "Oh, sorry. You're right, you can go work for someone who tried to blow you up," Tony shrugged, sarcastically, like it was no big deal. 
  Steve was quick to reassure Stark, "Tony, you know I would never put Sam in a position that I didn't think she couldn't get out of herself. And we'll be by her side the entire time."
  "That is so selfish of you!" Tony raised his voice, obviously ticked. "You want her to get out of a position that YOU threw her in! YOU'RE throwing her in that position that could get her KILLED and you're worried I don't think you'll be there?!"
  "Tony..." I mumbled, starting to get a headache.
  The next voice surprised me when Clint barged into the conversation, "How about we eat on the idea? I'm hungry."
  "If she so much as get's a paper cut it is on YOUR head, Steve!" Tony concluded, then stormed out of the room; Barton following him out along with Romanoff and Banner. It was just me and Steve left in the meeting room.
  It got hushed in the room and it looked like Rogers was about to walk out too but I talked before he could move, "He doesn't mean that."
  "No, he's right," Steve turned toward me, looking me in the eyes, "If anything happens to you, I will take full responsibility... So, I guess that means that we can't have anything happen to you..." He tried to smile, reassuringly but it only made me more nervous.
  How hard could that be...?

(Ahh, well that's that chapter! What'd you guys think? The plan is pretty crazy... and I kind of agree with Tony on this one, it could get really dangerous... Guess we'll just have to see how it turns out! Leave a comment and vote if you liked it. If you have any suggestions just comment them or message me. I might use them! Until then, thank you guys for reading and I hope you enjoyed it! 
~~~~~ LL2z)