Rookie

Morning was routine as I got ready, ate breakfast, then noticed the "top-secret" van outside. I didn't even bother rolling my eyes this time as I skipped outside and slipped into the van. My mind started racing; wasn't it dangerous to hop into a random van? What if this wasn't even the secret agent van?
  "How was your guys' morning?" I asked the two, bulky guys in the front.
  However, their response was silence. Which put a smirk on my face because I definitely knew this was the right van. It didn't take too long as the two, hushed individuals stopped the van in the front of the building. So, I hopped out and jogged up to the front. Although, I paused at the front doors and wondered if the guard would let me in since Conner hadn't gotten me that security card he promised.
  Except, when I stepped up to the doors, a man stepped forward. He looked like one of the secret agent guys because of the suit he was wearing but he seemed smaller and less bulky like the security was around here.
  "Hello, Samantha. I'm Agent Chandler," the man started explaining as he followed me inside once the guards let us pass.
  "It's just Sam," I corrected as I kept my eyes in front of me. I knew where the elevator was but I didn't know if this guy was supposed to walk me there or not.
  The man kept pace while he glanced down at me, "Oh, of course. Sorry, I read a file and I couldn't ask anybody because everyone was busy and-."
  Although, I stopped the man's rambling, "Does Agent Conner have my security card yet?"
  The agent paused to think for a moment, "Uh... I don't think so, ma'am. It takes time to program the security access on the card."
  The two of us reached the elevator so I waited until he swiped his card and the metal doors opened. Then I added with a smile, "You also don't have to call me ma'am... Mostly because I'm pretty sure you're older than me."
  Agent Chandler chuckled then dipped his head after he pressed a button in the elevator, "Fair enough... Sorry, it's probably just a habit."
  I nodded slowly as an acknowledgment then rocked back and forth on my feet at the uncomfortable silence. My mind spun with thoughts until I finally asked, "Are you always supposed to walk me?"
  The man peered over at me as if to read me then he shook his head, "Uh, no. However, there was no one available to show you to the training room."
  The statement made me cross my arms quickly, "Oh, so I need a babysitter?"
  "What?... No..." the agent shook his head then sighed, "Well... slightly."
  Which made me scoff and roll my eyes, "Fine..."
  "It's just... we don't have a lot of kids-... teenagers around a lot so we have to take the right precautions," Agent Chandler tried to make it sound better but it just made me even more annoyed.
  "Alright, alright, I get it," I pouted slightly. Then I waited for a few moments but the elevator ride seemed like it was taking forever and I did not want to be stuck in silence. "So, why did they put you to be on babysitting duty? Shouldn't someone like Conner watch me?"
  The mention of the Agent's name made Chandler rigid slightly, "Uh... I don't know."
  The way the man's voice changed when he answered made something feel off, "Are you not telling me something? Does it have to do with Agent Conner?"
  "Uh-, what? No... of course not," the man lied while trying to avoid eye contact.
  So, I stepped closer to the agent and turned my gaze into a scowl, "What happened?"
  "It's... classified..." he clarified.
  In response, I gritted my teeth in anger at the word "classified" because it frustrated me! Especially since it was dealing with Agent Conner. Was he in trouble? Did something happen to him?! I tried to keep my thoughts in order until I finally hissed, "If you don't tell me then I will start screaming."
  Agent Chandler tried to take a step backward but the elevator was too small, "Screaming?"
  "Three-... two," I started counting down to give the demand urgency.
  "He went overseas!" Agent Chandler exclaimed.
  The statement shocked me so I took a step back and repeated, "Overseas?"
  "For a tech issue," the man explained. He must've been new because he cracked pretty easily. That's probably why he got a job stuck with me.
  "When will he be back?" I interrogated.
  "I don't know," the agent responded, but I knew he was telling the truth this time. As soon as he answered, the elevator made a ding and the doors slid open.
  So, I smiled - politely - and stepped out of the elevator. It seemed like the man was about to do so as well but I interrupted, "Ah, you can stay here. I know my way around. And tell your bosses that I don't need a babysitter." The order left the man frozen and speechless so when the doors started closing, I waved, "Good luck with the job, Agent Chandler!"
  Then, I made my way through the halls until it started to look familiar. Everything pretty much looked the same but I was starting to get used to the building. Finally, I reached a door that read 'Training Area' so I guessed that's where I needed to be. I opened the door and peeked in. The rooms here always seemed huge, this one especially since it had different sections of training areas that you could go to.
  Eventually, I spotted Natasha so I bounded to her and stopped in front of her. Her eyes flickered to me so she raised her chin up and stated, "Rogers is over there, go talk to him first."
  The request made me knit my eyebrows in curiosity, "What for?"
  "To teach you how to punch," Natasha elucidated.
  However, I glanced around to see if she was serious or if she was just going to laugh and say she was joking but that never happened. "But I know how to punch..."
  The claim made her genuinely laugh then shake her head, "Go talk to Steve."
  So I groaned but obeyed and walked over to the punching bag station. It was more of a room so I couldn't see Steve until I walked fully into the separate room. The space looked more like a boxing gym than anything.
  "Hey, Steve," I interrupted his thoughts since his back was towards me.
  He shot around, almost like I startled him, but as soon as his eyes connected with mine, he smiled, "Oh, hey. Did Natasha tell you what we were starting with?"
  "Uh, punching...?" I answer it more as a question then added, "Even though I know how to punch."
  Rogers raised his eyebrow, "Go ahead, punch the bag."
  After taking a deep breath, I reeled my arm back and slammed my fists against the bag. As soon as my fist hits the bag, I can feel the force go through my whole arm and my fist starts stinging. "Ow..." I whined but realized that he's right.
  Which gets a chuckle out of Steve, then he motions me toward him, "Come here. I'll show you." So, I step closer to the hero and listen patiently, "First, you don't want to use full force because you want to save some of your energy," Steve starts. "And try not to extend your arm to the fullest extent it can go."
  Seeing Rogers going through the motions of how to punch, helped me to see exactly how to. Keeping the steps and tips in mind, I reeled my arm back then took a swing at the punching bag. This time around, the impact of my hand with the punching bag didn't hurt as much this time around. 
  "That was better," Steve smiled with approval. "Did that feel better?"
  I glanced down at my fist then nodded, "Yeah. Still kinda stings though."
  Which made a spark of realization go through Steve's eyes so he bent down toward navy blue gym bag and pulled out some tape. "Here. I probably should've given you this sooner."
  So I took the tape and Steve showed me how to tie it around my knuckles. However, tying it around my fist made me think of something, "You know my suit protects my fists, right?"
  This made Steve look up at me to explain, "This is just in case you don't have your suit."
  While Rogers continued to wrap my other hand in the tape, my mind started spinning. They really were trying to keep me safe. For some reason, this took me by surprise but I could feel my shoulders start to relax. "Thanks, Steve. For this." 
  Once he was finished wrapping my knuckles, he patted my shoulder, "Just trying to keep you safe." Then he looked toward the other room, "Well, until you practice with Natasha." 
  A small laugh escaped my lips as I nodded in agreement. After following Steve's methods a few time and punching the bag with the best I had, I felt more comfortable with the thought of practicing with Natasha. This should be easy, right?

(Back on track, guys! Sorry it's taken me forever to post a chapter but hopefully, I can stay on course with updating chapters. Thank you all for being patient! But I don't have a set schedule so I post when it's ready. Thank you guys for reading, and staying patient! Have a great day until I post another!
~~~~~ LL2z) 

Update:
If anyone noticed, I changed Agent Ross's name to Chandler because I kinda forgot about the actual Agent Ross from the Marvel comics. It came to my attention when I watched the Black Panther and there's no connection so... I changed it!