Sunrise

Niall:

I was driving 90 miles an hour down the freeway. "You're going to crash this fucking car." Sarah said. I laughed and glanced at her. She didn't look too scared at least she wasn't gripping the arm rests. She caught my eye and gave me a pointed look. with another laugh i slowly pressed an the brake and went a bit slower.

"We have to go fast if you want to get there and back before your parents wake up." She shook her head.

"I am so dead. Why did i let you talk me into this." i took her hand. It was ice cold. I ran my thumb over her hand.

"Hey it'll be fine." i told her. she didn't look convinced.

"Why the sudden urge to go to the beach anyways?" she asked looking at me quizzically. I shrugged.

"I wanted to watch the sunrise." she laughed.

"And we couldn't do that from the safety of my home?" she asked looking at me like i was insane. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh come on the beach is more romantic." i argued.

"A sunrise is just a sunrise. It's the same everywhere." she replied as i pulled off of the freeway. We came to a stop at a red light. I leaned over and kissed her cheek.

"What was that for?" she asked.

"For being beautiful." she looked down and her cheeks turned red.

"Come on!" she shouted as she raced down to the water's edge. The wind was whipping her hair back and she smiled at me. We had gotten to the beach just in time. the sun was peeking up over the ocean. She plopped herself down in the sand and pulled her knees up to her chest. I sat down next to her setting a bag down in front of me. "What's in the bag?" she asked wrapping her arms around her legs. I pulled out a thermos. It was still warm.

"Hot chocolate." i said handing it to her. Her eyes grew wide and she grabbed the thermos. I laughed.

"You're the best." she said as she uncapped it and took a drink.

"I try." i said with a shrug. She handed it back to me and licked her lips. "Here it comes." i said quietly putting my arm around her shoulders. She leaned into me and stared out at the ocean. It started slowly. Just yellows then it exploded with orange and red. The colors blurred and mixed. It hit the clouds making them turn a shade darker and where there were pockets of sky without clouds the sky was a shade of pink.

"You were right." she whispered.

"What?" i asked bit confused and stunned by the scene before us.

"It looks better here." i smiled and held her tighter. The water shimmered as it crashed against the sand. I brushed some hair out of Sarah's face. she looekd up at me and smiled. I leaned down and kissed her softly. It was perfect. I don't know how long we sat there but suddenly Sarah gasped and pulled away.

"What?" i asked as she got up.

"You have to get me home." she said. then she was racing off down the stretch of beach back to my car.

"Shit." i muttered i grabbed up the bag and thermos and took off after her.

"Come on, come on!" she shouted jiggling the door handle. I laughed at how anxious she sounded. She stuck her tongue out at me. "Niall. I swear to god i will kill you. Unlock the car." with a roll of my eyes i unlocked it. She threw open the door. I got in buckled up and started the engine. "I sure as hell hope they aren't awake yet."

Mrs. Collins:

I slowly opened my eyes. My husband was still snoring away. With a sigh i looked at the clock on my nightstand. It was 7:30. You can sleep in a voice in my head said but i knew better. I still had to go to work. I pushed the covers off of myself then tucked them back in around Robert with a smile. As i turned away he murmured "You work too hard." i rolled my eyes at him. I quickly gathered up my clothes and took a shower. I pulled my hair up into a bun and grabbed my purse. I would check in on Sarah first then grab something to eat. Her door was closed but it wasn't usually locked. Slowly, cautiously i creaked it open. I looked at her bed but there was no one in it. I blinked in surprise. She wouldn't be awake at this time. I walked over toward it and touched the sheets. Ice cold. If she was awake she couldn't have been up for that long and her bed would've been warm. I started to panic. calm down. She's downstairs. I took the steps two at a time.