Annually [1/5]

It was that day, that many years ago, that time...

That moment...

That she had left.

It was the time of year, that Kidō and Rindō let him off the hook for 'slacking.'

Instead of going online to order his kilos upon kilos of Bonchi rice crackers, he stood before the cold stone, a bouquet of flowers lay just below the plaque.

A breeze passed by, and a drop of rain landed on his nose.

He closed his eyes, chuckling drily. "How cliché, huh..?" He murmured, the rain starting to pour down, matting his hazel hair. He felt his clothes go cold and damp, clinging to him, almost desperately.

Just like she had.

"Just go! Leave me here! Please, just LEAVE!"

Her begging expression flashed through his mind.

"NO, I can't LEAVE you here like this! You'll die!"

"I don't care, you matter more than I do! Please, for me..!"

He shuddered, rubbing his arms. "It's cold out now..." He muttered, sitting down on the cobblestone path between the other graves. He slowed to a stop, his glasses sliding down his face until they plopped onto the bridge of his nose, threatening to fall off.

He felt a tear streak down his face, his gaze falling to the name on the metal plate, that had long since rusted.

Maybe he had begun crying a long time ago, when he first came before the stone. Maybe he hadn't been able to tell, because all he could See was nothing.

The only time he was relieved of his Side Effect was when he gazed at the stone; at the body that had no future, and all he saw was the past.

The past he did not want to see.

He quickly wiped the tears away, sniffling only once before calming his tears and gazing at the name plate.

He slowly reached forward, and traced his finger along the name engraved into the metal, before stopping, pulling his arm back.

"I miss you...

"I miss you so, so much..." He whispered, before closing his eyes, forcing himself to turn away, his steps heavy as he left the cemetery.