For Your Own Good

Start from the beginning

Terrence

Qirin kicked his legs as I pushed him down the ailes in the cart. I decided to go grocery shopping so that I could cook for Taraji tonight. I was placing countless things in the cart from spices down to napkins. Anything that belonged in the kitchen I was getting. I wasnt sure how to cure this virus that Rahji had but I was going to try my best to make her feel better.

I rounded the snack ailes and Q got so excited looking at all the different treats. "Snack daddy."He pointed at the fruit snack box. He clapped his hands once I placed them in the cart.

"No more buddy."I told him after putting the 5th snack for him in the cart. He nodded smiling. I knew he was going to be statified by his tasty treats.

"Terrence?"I heard my name from behind. I knew that voice all too well but how in the hell did she know where I was.

"Mira...what are you doing here?"I asked looking around to see if anyone saw us. I didnt have time for the paps to be jumping out taking a picture and spreading lies.

"Its a market..I decided to come shop for the home your never in."She commented sarcasticly coming around the cart looking in it. "I see your doing the same?"She asked looking at the items.

"My mom sent me to the market."I replied quickly. She bit her bottom lip as when she stopped in front of Quirin she smiled at him and took him out of the cart.

"You know I really hate when you lie to me."She said under a whisper.

"I know you been with that bitch...I have proof to show it."She added. My jaw clinched I hated when people talked about Taraji in anything other than respect.

"Now I have to teach what lying gets you..say goodbye to daddy Qirin."She said backing away. I charged towards her. Q started crying.

"You cant take my son away from me , Mira please."I pleaded following her.

She whipped around with fury. She held Qirin close trying to calm him down.

"No Terrence you want to go out and do your dirt you and that whore is gonna pay."She cursed.

Mira power walked to her car cursing under her breath. I ran out after her.

"Stop Mira come back here! Don't take him!"I commanded as she buckled him in his car seat.

She shut the door and turned around to me.

"You made this decision baby so now...you suffer the consequences."She said seductively. She tried kissing my cheek but I backed away.

"Goodbye Terrence."She hopped in the car speeding off. I had to get my son back, to hell with Mira.

I felt at if I had nothing left. I had to get my son back.

***

I bursted through the oak double doors.

"Taraji!"I yelled running up the steps searching for her.

"Taraji!" I called walking into the bedroom. She popped up from her sleep.

"Baby what's wrong?"She asked worried sitting up on her knees.

I roughly ran my fingers through my hair. I was going insane. She got up coming over to me easing me down on the bed.

"Baby breathe."She coached massaging my shoulders. My breathing eased up and I relaxed a bit more.

"Now tell me what happened."She said kissing my shoulder.

"Mira took Qirin. We gotta get him back Rahji."I let out turning towards her. Her eyes grew.

"What , when did you see her?"She asked , I rolled my eyes getting up from the bed.

"I saw her at the grocery store and she took him okay , I don't know how she knew I was there but she just knew."I panicked. Taraji exhaled getting up coming closer to me.

It was as if realization hit her.

"I think she has been following me Terrence."She concluded. I scoffed, Taraji was making this about her when my son was gone.

"Taraji don't make this about you, Mira isn't like that."I said walking over to the dresser getting some of Q's things.

"Your defending her? how else would she have known where you were Terrence."She raised her voice a bit. I looked at her through the mirror.

"Taraji don't start right now put your hate towards her aside and think about Q."I raised my voice. I was tired of this situation I just wish everything with Mira never happened.

"Terrence I can't continue to let you walk around believing a lie." She said coming closer to me.

I frowned 'What did she mean?' I thought.

"What are you talking about."She dropped her head for a second and than picked it back up.

"Qirin isn't your son."She let out. My body went still , my head started to get heavy. She touched me but I backed away snapping out of my trance.

"Don't! Taraji I told you to let me handle it but you wouldn't let it go!"I yelled walking past her. I needed to get away this was too much.

I needed to ease my mind some how.

"Terry , I'm sorry.. I did this for your own good trust me I love Qirin too but I love you too much to have you out here twisted in Mira's bullshit."She carried on behind me I walked down the steps at a normal pace trying to get away.

I felt like I was drained , everyone around me couldnt be trusted. I trusted her and then Taraji stabs me in the back , I looked over my shoulder at her in disguise.

"Terrence please say something."She yelled from the bottom step.

I stopped at the door and turned to her. "You want everything to be your way , why you had to go snooping Taraji and for what?! To hurt me more for knowing?" I asked her as a tear escaped my eye.

"I told you to fucking leave it alone but that wasnt enough for you? Taraji what was your fucking point huh? I cant even look at you right now! Im nothing like my father."I was beyond furious. My eyes was red and watery.

Taraji tears began to roll down her face. I didnt care I turned away from her. I didnt care about her tears because she damn sure aint care about mine.

I loved Qirin so much I wanted him to be mine he was my only child and to me he still is my son.

Taraji came over to me and sniffed. She touched my forearm I backed away.

"Terrence please , Im sorry. You have to understand why I did it."She said up to me grabbing my collar.

"I don't give a fuck about your excuses Taraji! I'm done with you."I yelled , she jumped. My demeanor never got soften it stayed hard as I glared down at her soft orbs that pleaded back up at me in guilt . I grabbed her wrist putting them back down to her sides. The best thing for me to do right now was to leave. Taraji wiggled her wrist trying to replace them back on my collar.

"Naw just don't , Imma go okay." I said turning on my heels to leave. She broke down and started crying. I didnt look back at her I continued walking. I couldnt turn back not afer what she done. I didnt know if me and Taraji was actually made for eachother. I was starting to regret even crossing that line with her. I got into my Bentley and drove.