Chapter 13

It has been 1 month since I buried my son and two weeks since we have been in Virginia. It is quiet here and I like it. I have started to talk more and eat more. What Washington said really made me want to be around my kids. I could tell they were happier when I was around. I had never been to Virginia before, I mean i did not get out the house much but Mount Vernon was beautiful. George loved spending time with George when he was home. I think John really missed being in New York with Alexander. Belle was happy where ever Lafayette was.

I let Lafayette back into my life. I realize how much I missed him wrapping his arms around me at night.

3 months. I am not back to totally normal, nor do i ever think i will be. I surprised Lafayette this morning by walking down stair in the dress he got me back in Paris. Lafayette whispered something in Belle's ear. She got the widest smile on her face. "Mommy, you look pretty in that dress." "Did your father tell you to say that?" "No." She had a guilty look on her face. "If you tell me the truth, we will move back to New York." Everyone's face lite up especially John's. "Okay maybe he did tell me." "So yall want to move back to New York." "YES." Screamed John. He reminded me so much of Alex, it was almost scary.

I was going to miss the Washingtons so much. Martha had helped out Lafayette when I was still in my depression. George had stepped in as a grandfather figure for my kids, which was something they would never have.

Lafayette just left for New York to find us a new house. It was going to big a lot bigger than our last house. John wanted to pack his bag as soon we were sure we are leaving. Both Georges were sad we were leaving, but they both knew it was for the best. Lafayette moved all of our stuff from our old house show that I would not have to back in.

7 months had passed by the time we had finally settled down in New York. It was great reconnecting with Alex and Eliza and their kids. George really missed Philip. Belle and Angelica were ready to unite and test their limits because they both had their dads wrapped around their fingers. John was just really want to see Alex. Poor Alexander (Jr.) was left out , since John just wanted to talk to Alex. The worst part for me was seeing Eliza with James Alexander because James Thomas was only a few months older than James Alexander. I got through it and tried not to think about it.

Sorry this chapter is a little shorter. Just a reminder the year is about 1790. George is about 9. Belle is about 6. John is about 4.

Check out @aibhlinnblake book Save Me.