Depression

I walked in the door, Mariah, Andra, Audrey and Marisa following in behind me. I instantly ran into the kitchen in search of food. Marisa walked casually to the bathroom, even though in the car she was screaming that she had to pee.. Mariah, Andra and Audrey went into my room, upstairs, to put their backpacks away.

This was our once a month girls night. The night we watch romance movies, eat a bunch of candy, order Chinese food, gossip and talk about boys. I took out a jar of Nutella and took out five spoons. Nutella, the best food ever created. "Girls, you want any Nutella," I screamed in the direction of the stairs.

Four shrieks were followed, meaning yes. I gouged five holes into the Nutella, practically taking half of the jar. I ran up the stairs and passed out the spoons. Then we each stuck a spoon into our mouths, moaning at the taste of Heaven.

"What movies are we watching tonight," Marisa asked. "We have all of Netflix, the red box down the street, and Bright house movie channels," I replied. "I vote 'Safe Haven,' I heard it is really good," Mariah said, a smile full of awe on her face. Probably thinking of the guy who is in it.

"I am up for it," Audrey and Andra pitched in at the same time. I smiled and we ordered our Chinese food. Lomain, orange chicken, yellow rice, white rice, sour chicken and ten fortune cookies arrived at my house in an hour. We were finally ready to start our movie.  

"Why doesn't she just accept the bike," Mariah yelled as my mom walked in the door. "Whoa, calm down, child," my mom said laughing to Mariah. We all chuckled and my mom went upstairs to her room, leaving us to finish watching our movie, "Safe Haven."

I watched on the edge of my seat, confused because it kept showing flashbacks from why she left. I made out the part of him abusing her by now, but wasn't he killed? I mean, the house was on fire and he was shot! Talk about being invincible!

The movie was over, and we were all stuffing ourselves with candy while watching "Paranormal Activity 4," not really a romance movie but we needed a little twist. I watched as she was showing her friend the swing set out back and found the neighbor kid. She screamed and jumped, surprised to find him.

"Oh my fucking God! What kind of girl goes into the scary house," I screamed when the mother was acting all crazy and creepy while she was looking for her little brother at the end of the movie. "The dumb kind," Andra screamed back. We all shrieked as a whole bunch of creepy demons showed up, and had razor teeth. Then, what I am guessing, killed the girl.

"Told you the dumb kind," Andra yelled. "Shush it," I retorted. "Girls, calm your tits," Audrey reminded us while holding back a small laugh. "Gossip time," Marisa squealed. "Best time of the night," we all said at once. "So, did you hear about Francine and Abbie fighting," I asked. "No.  I fought her last year though," Mariah said laughing a little. I remember that.

Abbie got her ass whooped. I smiled, as I though of Mariah pounding the shit out of Abbie's face. "I remember that," I said. "Who doesn't," Audrey asked. Audrey and Mariah are sisters. So, they know everything about each other. Mostly.

"Girls, you need to go to bed," my mom said as she came down the stairs at seven in the morning. When we were together sleeping wasn't really a priority. "We should really go," Mariah said, looking at Audrey. This was usually how things went, we stay up all night then everyone leaves. Audrey stood up and looked at Marisa and Andra. They stood up as well and they all went to get their back packs.

They all walked out the door and I went up the stairs to lay down in my bed. I lay on my bed and looked at the ceiling. I really wasn't tired, I hadn't slept for two nights, usually people collapse from exhaustion by now. I sighed, turning on my music and plugging in my ear phones. Usually music helps me fall asleep. All I did though was lay there with my eyes closed.

Sleep not taking me over once. I groaned and covered my face with a pillow. Why can't I sleep? I decided to just check my twitter, which I did. I got 42 new followers and three mentions. Aren't I popular. Notice my sarcasm?

I woke up, I guess I finally fell asleep. I saw the sun shinning through my blinds, I looked at my clock, nine in the morning. Finally caught up on my sleep, I smiled.

I got up and went to my closet and picked out a cute tank top. It had a see through back, with lace, and a ruffle front. It was teal blue so it matched my ripped, black skinny jeans perfectly. I took a quick shower and did my "girly things." I got out of the shower and felt a rush of could, so I instantly wrapped my towel around me. I dried off and put on my underwear and bra.

I pulled on my overly tight jeans, and slipped on my shirt. I looked at my reflection and wrapped my hair in the towel. I took my makeup kit from under the cabinet and started doing my eye liner. I carefully slid it under each eye, and applied concealer and cover up to my face.

I smiled, not fully satisfied with my reflection, but it would do. I took my hair out of the towel and  blew it dry with the hair drier. Then, I put it up in a tight ponytail and curled my hair while it was up. My usual style.

I quickly brushed my teeth and made my way out of my bathroom, out of my room, and down my stairs. My mom was gone, probably at work. Yes, I know it is a Sunday, but she gets her day of on Saturdays. I went into the kitchen, none of the food being all that appealing, so I grabbed and apple an sat down at the dinning room table to eat it.

I was halfway through my apple when I heard the house phone ringing. I got up to answer it, it was Andra. "Hey, you didn't answer your cell," she sounded sad. I could practically hear the pout on her face. "It's upstairs, why'd you call?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today," I thought about it, why not? "Sure, what time?"

"An hour?"

"Sure, see you then," then I hung up the phone. I ran upstairs to get my phone, there it was. Sitting on my nightstand blinking because I had a missed call. I deleted the missed call from the top of my phone screen to stop the blinking. Then, I went downstairs to finish my apple. When I reached it I thought for a moment and just threw it away.

I sighed and sat in the living room. I lay my head in my lap. I felt... alone..