Concerned

Today, I went to this little idiot to ask for my pencil back, but this was what he said: "I lost it."

What? It was just one class! One class! And this wasn't the first time he lost my pencil. What was going on with Hinata? I yelled, "This is the fifth pencil! How did you lose it?"

Hinata's face turned a pinkish color and he looked down. He said in a quiet voice that's uncharacteristic from his own, "I just lost it. Sorry." He looked like he may cry any second, and I didn't want any tears on my hands. Tanaka may blame me and beat me to a pulp.

I said, "It's fine. We have to go to practice anyways. Let's go."

Hinata and I went to practice unaware what problems that were ahead of us. We went into the dressing room. Tanaka, Suga and Noya was already there.

They all greeted us as we began to change.

I noticed that Hinata had a lunchbag with him. That was unusual. I asked, "What is in there?"

Hinata said as he took off his shirt, "It's lunch."

I replied, "That's obvious, idiot. But what type of lunch?"

Hinata answered vaguely, "The type you chew and swallow." He put his t-shirt on as I glared at him. He noticed that and said, "What, Kageyama?"

"What are you hiding?" I asked.

"Nothing," Hinata answered. That was an obvious lie. He seemed to be avoiding answering my questions all day.

I sighed, "Fine." I just finished dressing and left for the gym. I didn't want to start a fight before Volleyball practice. We had to be in perfect shape to be in top performance. This idiot better be prepared.

Practice went as usual. It was fun, though I may not admit it out loud. Hinata and I worked on our quicks. We tried out formations. Most of all, I was tossing the ball as I am proud of doing.

It was the end of practice. Hinata and Yamaguchi were sitting against the wall. Hinata had his lunchbag with him. He had a coffee mug in his hand.

I went up to the two.

Hinata said, "Hey." He stuck his hand in the mug and took out an ice cube. He started chewing.

Yamaguchi started talking to us. I barely listened as Hinata's ice chewing was loud. I was cringing more than I should.

"See you guys later." Yamaguchi said as he jogged away to Tsukkishima. I missed what he was talking about. It was because of this idiot's chewing!

"Hinata," I growled. "Your chewing is annoying!"

Hinata took out some more ice and started chewing. He then noticed what I was talking about. He looked at his cup and looked back at me. "Oh, sorry." He stood up. He looked a bit frustrated.

Something is wrong. I asked, "Oi, Hinata... Is something wrong?"

Daichi came up to us and said, "It's your day to clean up."

I nodded, "Okay, got it." I turned to Hinata and announced, "Let's go."

Hinata was looking at his cup with certain look. It look like he was longing for something.

"Oi, Hinata!" I snapped.

Hinata looked up at him alarmed. He said, "Hunh?"

I was getting a bit worried about him. I asked, "Are you sure you're okay?"

Hinata gave me one of his normal smiles and said with a teasing tone, "Aw, Kageyama is worried about me?"

"Shut up, idiot!" I said flustered. "I was just making sure you're up for the job."

Hinata chuckled, "I'm fine. Let's go!" He jumped up in the air running away to start our work.

I just couldn't believe I believed what he said. I should've been more concerned than I was then.