1

EMILYS POINT OF VIEW

New neighbourhood.
New people.
New opinions.
New start.

Today was the day that my mam and I had finally arrived at our new house.
We had been deciding where to move to for a while but then we discovered Mountain View Park and it was perfect.

The housing estate was nice. The houses were spread out with a good amount of space between them.
They had massive gardens and massive houses.

My mother and father had great jobs that paid very well so we were what you would call wealthy. I'm not trying to brag about our financial state but there was no point in denying the obvious.

Unfortunately, my father was involved in a car accident last year and was killed at the scene, leaving all of his earnings to my mother. We thought that we should get a fresh start after his passing and use his money wisely like he would of wanted us to. That's what lead us to where we are now, in a new home.

"Emily"

My head snapped up from my book to look towards my bedroom door, to find my mam standing in its frame.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go with me to introduce ourselves to our new neighbours. I saw the family next door to us going inside a few minutes ago when I was out at our car getting some boxes."

What else will I be doing anyway other than reading my book.

"Sure, just give me a few minutes to get ready."

She nodded in return, and turned on her heel, shutting my bedroom behind her.

Once I was finished getting ready I walked over to my full length mirror to inspect my final look.

I was wearing my white pleated skirt was with my light pink crop top, and as for my shoes I was wearing white converse.

My hair was a light brown colour which cascaded down to the middle of my back in light curls. I was wearing a little bit of make up that I applied earlier in the morning time so I decided to not touch it up as I was only going over to our neighbours house.

------

Ding, dong. Ding, ding.

That was the noise of our neighbours doorbell which I had just pressed.

I stood back beside my mam as we awaited for them to answer their door.

Moments later, the big black door swung open to reveal a women who was in her early 30's I would say. She has gorgeous jet black hair that was cut shoulder length and she was in black jeans with a loose white top.

"Hello sorry for interrupting, my name is Stacey West and this is my daughter Emily West." My mother spoke before the woman got to say a word.

We extended our hands out and the woman gladly shook them, with a grin on her face.

"Oh lovely to meet you two, Im Ashley Rose. I heard we were having neighbours moving in next door but we were unsure of when, but it's lovely to have you here. Please come in." She said as she stood to the side to make way for us to enter her home. My mother walked in first, as I followed.

As soon as I walked in, I saw a marble staircase in the centre of the hallway. When I looked around the entrance I saw many rooms attached onto it.

"You have a lovely home" I spoke up, looking over to the lovely lady that we had just met.

"Thank you darling" she said with a smile.

"Would you like to follow me into the living room area" she said already walking forward towards one of the many room that were attached onto the hallway.

My mother and I followed behind her and sat down on the sofas that she pointed to while saying 'please'.

"My husband isn't at home at the moment as he is at work but my sons are upstairs, let me go get them. Excuse me" she said as she walked out of the room and called out loudly for her children to come down.

Seconds later she return into the living area with three boys behind her.

"Hello, I'm Sam and I'm six years old" said a young boy who stepped forward, smiling at me to reveal a toothless grin.

"Hello Sam" I said shaking his hand that he had extended after speaking.

"Hi, I'm Justin, I'm fourteen." Said another boy, who shook my hand while saying so.

I looked to the next boy, waiting for him to speak up and introduce himself. I looked up to see a very good-looking boy who I was guessing was slightly older than me. He extended his his out and began to speak.

"Hey, I'm Mason and I'm eighteen , and you are?" He said, not arrogantly but sweetly.

I reached my hand out to connect with his and replied to him.

"I'm Emily and I'm seventeen"

"Mason why don't you show Emily around the house and garden, and Sam and Justin you can go back to your game if you would like"

"My pleasure" he said, placing his hand into mine and intertwining our fingers together.

He pulled me it if the room, out the back-door and into their huge garden.

He showed me around their garden, including his tree house that had an Xbox and a plasma TV inside, and their swimming pool.

We went back into the house and he showed me the downstairs room and most of the upstairs room also.

"Then we have this room, which is my bedroom" he said opening a door to reveal a huge room, consisting of all the rich kid essentials, for example the plasma screen TV above his bed, the mini fridge and and pool table.

I walked into the room fully to notice a wall covered in posters.

"You have a lot of posters" I said walking over to his bed and kneeling on it to get a better view of them.

"Yeah I like a lot of bands" he said, followed by the clicking noise of this bedroom door shutting.

MASON'S POINT OF VIEW

I had shown Emily all of the rooms in our house and was showing her the last room, my bedroom.

She walked towards my bed and knelt up on it so she could get a better view of my collection of posters.

She knelt forwards on all fours to see the ones that were down low by my headboard.

I turned around to shut my bedroom door to prevent Justin and Sam from annoying us, but turned around to see something that I wasn't expecting... But I wasn't complaining either.

AUTHORS NOTE
Don't be a silent reader, tell me your opinions please. Don't forget to comment vote fan and share. Thanks.