Chapter 01

"Have you heard? Richard is running for student body president! " Cameron exclaimed  as he walked at my pace while walking along our school hallway. I stopped and look at my best friend with a death glare which meant that he had to explain his statements further. I was actually aware that my nemesis since middle school was a total jerk which went by the name of Richard Atkins. He was definitely the classic definition of a jerk to a different level. Of course, I would deny that I never heard of such thing because that would totally put Cameron off. 

"Nope. And why would that jerk do that? " I asked Cameron while my my irritation at Richard started to build up. This wasn't the first time that Richard had to challenge me anyway. We used to be rivals at school in every event possible since I could remember and that seemed to have sustained through the years. And here I thought I would have a glorious senior year.

Cameron was about to face palm but stopped and spoke instead, " Why not? He's like one of the most popular guys in school and he's also smart. Besides, anyone can run right? But if you're feeling a little insecure, I don't blame you." 

To say that I was shocked with Cameron's statement was actually an understatement. If we weren't best friends at all, I would have strangled him. So I did what most best friends would do. I just  rolled my eyes and pretended that he didn't just say those words. I was kinda offended but I didn't show it. Instead, I just took a breath and pretended that I wasn't insecure at all. 

"I am so not insecure! You have a thing for Richard, haven't you? But he's like straight as a flag pole. How do you plan to seduce him? And you're supposed to be my best friend slash campaign manager. I can bitch slap you right now. You know. "

Cameron looking unfazed, replied "He's a flag pole straight alright but wait till you see his morning flag ceremony," with matching giggles and drools at the same time. "Are you jealous friend? You and Richard looked good together, " as he teases me.

"Oh please . He's not even my type. And even if he wasn't straight, I will never fall for a guy like that. I have standards you know. And why he's running against me anyway? ", I asked and intentionally changing the topic.

"Richard doesn't fancy a gay president, rumor has it. If you win, you'd be the first gay president of the student body in the entire history of our school , you know. " Cameron said as he flirtatiously toss his hair.

"I don't think so. Straight guys may have won before. Who knows what they became later," I argued.

"Okay, name one," Cameron challenging me.

"I cant think of one right now," I replied.

"Let me rephrase then. You'd be the first president to come out in the open. Look dear, our school is not homophobic at all. Some guys are just being assholes but that's it. You got a shot here. You can win this. I'm your campaign manager. I'll help in any way I can even if it means giving head to the entire male population of our school. "

"That's just great. You make it look like I owe you so much but in reality, you benefit from this more than I do. Thanks B.F.F.!" I said.

"Duh. You're welcome Bish? I just work smart . It's called mixing business with pleasure. " Cameron teasing .

"Slut!"

"Virgin! "

"Liar! "

"Double Virgin Liar!"

"Hey, there's no such thing as a double virgin liar , " I protested.

"It doesn't matter. You're still a virgin. I rest my case, " Cameron crossing his arm, sneering like a possum.

" I swear I need a new best friend. And even a new campaign manager. Cameron, you're fired! " I said angrily.

"You can't fire me. I'm a vote magnet. " Cameron now laughing.

"Can you please remind me again why we are friends? ", crossing my arm with my brows again hitting up the ceiling.

"Oh please don't be such a drama queen, your highness. You can't make me. " Cameron now laughing.

"I'm gonna choke you with Richard's flag pole. I swear. "

"With pleasure your highness. Ha ha ha. Anyhoo, I'm starving so much I could eat a giraffe. Wanna join me for lunch? "

"No. You go ahead. "

"Are you sure ? I might run into Richard. I need a handy pimp just in case. " Cameron teasing again.

"I just resigned as your pimp. "

"Oh no honey. You can't. I'm keeping you. Richard is a special case. I need some inspiration, " Cameron said.

"Inspiration my ass. You can get the guys you want without my help anymore remember ? You better know what you are doing Bish. Don't say I didn't warn you. " I said to Cameron as we parted ways.