➻17; Jerk's confession

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry." I said. He looked at me for a second and then nodded in return.

"Phew, you look horrible." He said scanning my face as he came closer to me. "Wait have you been crying the whole night or something?"

I wiped my eyes trying to make it look as if I didn't.

"Won't wooorrkkk." He sang taking a seat back next to me.

"You're enjoying this aren't you?" He smiled and shook his head.

"Not one bit." He said, which took me by surprise. I thought he'd be happy since Ranbir broke his nose and he probably hated him for that.

"Huh?" I asked confused.

"You heard me. I don't like it when you look sad. I've seen it yesterday and its getting worse today. What happened?" He asked. I didn't wanna talk about it but maybe if I talk it out I might feel a bit better.

"I switched off my phone since yesterday because my boyfriend is an ass and I prefer not to talk to him right now." I said eyeing Sid who looked at me as if I've gone crazy.

"Are you kidding me? That's why you've been crying?" He asked incredulously.

"No I'm not kidding. And its not like I am so fond of crying. It just happened." I said feeling the sting of tears in my eyes again.

I haven't talked to Ranbir since yesterday and somehow I'm feeling like its my fault. My fault that I'm not trying to understand him.

"Just turn on your phone and call him. That's the only way you'll feel better." He said.

"You don't even know what happened."

"Then tell me." He pushed. I shoved my hair back and threw it in a bun at the top of my head.

"We started talking on the phone and it suddenly turned into a heating conversation. It was a whole misunderstanding. He is the one who should understand it but he kept on talking. I couldn't stand hearing him talking to me like that, so I swiched off my phone." I said leaving the part about him being involved in our conversation.

"I personally think that its very childish of you." He simply said.

"What, are you taking sides now?" I said taken aback. I thought he was the one trying to help me.

"No I'm not. It seems that the both of you weren't even trying to understand each other. You both were probably too angry to do that. Its pretty clear you two needed a little break. Now one night is more than enough. Trust me and call him now. You'll feel better because I can totally see how miserable you feel." He sighs when he noticed I wasn't making a move to turn on my phone.

"Deepika I can tell the guy cares about you. You know? In the club that night? When he broke my nose?" He joked making me smile for once since yesterday. Sid smiled too when he caught me smiling.

"How do you know its the same guy?"

"Wait what? Are we not talking about the same person here?" He said scratching his head in confusion making me laugh.

"No. I just wanted to find out how you knew its the same guy." I said.

"Well damn you must be damn fast if you can be this depressed over someone who...-" He cleared his throat for a second when I threw him a look at hearing the word depressed.

Maybe I was but he didn't have to remind me every two seconds about it.

"I mean it hasn't even been three weeks since I last saw you. You can't possibly be with someone else that fast."