6

---Rayne's POV---

After about an hour, I had reached the border of the Earth Nation. I looked around a bit for my pack that I had left behind from 2 or 3 days ago, and I found it near the bank of the swamp that still had not ended. I ran up to it and stopped, scoffing up the dirt in font of me. I picked up the pack and dusted it off before checking inside. Nothing had been taken, but some of the extra food supplies I had taken were going off. Chucking them into the swamp, I turned away and slung the bag over my shoulder

I walked through the Water Nation territory for a while, kicking rocks and thinking about what to do. I sighed and kicked a larger rock, sending it tumbling over the edge and into the swamp. I heard a fizzing noise and looked over curiously. I stared as the fin of whatever lived in the river emerged and swam over to the rock. I gasped as claws grasped the surface of the bank. It's head emerged, with huge teeth sticking out from inside it's mouth. I stared in horror as the monster dragged itself out and shook off. The fin sunk into its back, like a cat sheathing its claws, and it's scaly body began to grow fur. I backed away carefully onto the path that would lead me straight to Earth Nation. Careful not to scare it, I stuck my hand into my pocket and wrapped my fingers around the knife handle. I pulled it out slowly and put my hand behind my back, still edging away. The creature hadn't seen me yet, and it was beginning to shrink, smaller and smaller, until it was about the size of a puppy. Its fur was a golden colour, and its teeth were now a normal size. It looked exactly like a golden retriever puppy. My eyes widened.

I turned and ran.

***

I was far into the Earth Nation before I saw him. He was standing behind a tree, obviously listening to something. I stopped and stared in shock as I realised it was the royals he was listening to. Ducking behind some trees, I ran towards him. He took a step into the open.

"Logan?!" I screamed.

---Logan's POV---

I stepped out into the open.

"Logan?!" A voice behind me screamed. Rayne was back. Good or bad? I wasn't so sure now. Ivy turned around and narrowed her eyes when she saw me.

"L-Logan? Logan.... Ichret?" She stammered.

"No! No, no, this is my brother...T-Talon...Talon Kinning, and I'm...I'm Dawn," Rayne cut in, catching up to me. Way to ruin the moment.

"Wow, you look a lot like my ex...who was exiled and died," Ivy explained, eyes still narrowed.

"Oh, that was my cousin," I smiled.

"Well in that case, where's the little assassin girl? Hmm? She's your relative, isn't she? You should know something about her," Ivy smiled flirtatiously and picked at her nails with her blade. I stared, eyebrows raised. She hadn't changed at all.

"We haven't had any communication with that side of the family, my mother banned it after the Ice Nation...issue," Rayne said matter-of-factly.

"Oh, right. Speaking of which, why are you here?" Ivy's voice became stern and more serious.

"Well, we were meant to be Earth Tributes a few years ago but we got lost," I said quickly.

"We're originally from the Water Nation," Rayne added.

"Oh, yeah, ok, sure," Ivy said sarcastically, looking me in the eyes and scowling. "Like I haven't heard that one before. Well, you're the closest thing we've come to progress, so I should probably take you back to the temples for an interrogation," Ivy smiled again and grabbed our wrists.

"Thorn!" She yelled out, dragging us behind her as she took a couple steps forward. "We have visitors."

Thorn, the prince, walked over to us. I stepped slightly in front of Rayne. I didn't want her to...notice his appearance.