Chapter 76

The weeks without Thomas passed by quicker than you had imagined, you were singing or writing songs most of the time, working part-time, seeing your psychologist every week. That really helped, talking about the Incident. Letting it out.
The band rehearsed almost every midday, you couldn't rehearse until late because you were so tired all the time and just needed enough sleep.
The morning sickness continued, but you didn't mind. There was growing a baby inside of you. Quitting to smoke was the hardest part but you succeeded in this as well, out of love for your unborn child. Your emotions were all over the place, but you did have a lot of extra inspiration for songs - the words just flew out of you. Not alone about the Incident but about finding luck in places you would not expect. The baby was for sure an unexpected luck.

You and Thomas skyped a lot and he came over 3 weekends before the echo. You were kind of nervous about it, because only then it would be clear if the child was alright. You had to do a few other tests as well.

***

Thomas came that Friday morning a few hours before the appointment.
He sat with you on the couch, hugging and stealing kisses. 'I missed you, darling.' He said and smirked.
You smiled. 'I missed you to.' These were the moments you lived for - being around him. The way he made you feel still was indescribable. The way he touched your skin, lovingly... You couldn't get enough of it.
'How was work?' You asked him and glared up into his beautiful eyes.
'Good, it was a lot of fun with everyone. Yours?'
'Same I guess.' Thomas took your hand, drawing circles with his finger on your skin.
'How do you feel?' He asked softly.
'Excellent.' You smirked and climbed on his lap, placing his face in your hands. 'You don't need to worry about me.' You said. He placed his arms around your waist. 'I know, but I do.'
You smiled and kissed his lips, stroking his jawline lovingly.
'How's your stomach?' Thomas asked and brushed his fingers through his hair. You rolled your eyes at him and lifted you shirt. 'Good. Completely healed.'
Thomas grinned and softly stroked your stomach, glaring at it. This look on his face was adorable, so happy.

You groaned and your were kissing again, he softly placed you on the couch and kissed your skin. 'How late is it?' You said between gasps.
'We have to be at the doctor in an hour.'
You chuckled. 'Then we have enough time.' Thomas smiled down at you and stroked your cheek. You brushed your fingers through his hair and kissed his lips again.

***

You laid down on the check-up table in the obstetrician's office. The women introduced herself and summarized your medical situation and the Incident.
Thomas sat down on a chair beside you, so he could watch the screen as well. He grabbed your hand. You glared at the and you felt the cold substance on your stomach. She searched for a good image of the baby. And, there it was! You gasped and placed your hand in front of your mouth. Thomas squeezed your hand and you started so chuckle.
The women pointed at the screen and explained what you saw. 'The baby's heartbeat looks fine - wait, oh, no, two heartbeats!' She pointed at the screen. 'It's a twin.'
You saw the two little shapes on the screen, not very clearly but enough to get emotional. You were so happy and started to cry silently. A twin! You glanced at Thomas and your eyes met. He was smiling in a really cute and happy way. 'A twin...' He whispered, a tear making his way down his perfect face.

You had to do more tests to see if the babies was healthy, and all the results showed the babies were fine. You couldn't have been more happy.