The Sorting Hat

The make their way into the big, topsy, turvy, house that seemed like it might fall down at any moment.

"Mum! We are back!" Fred yells into the house.

A smiling middle-aged woman with the same fiery red hair came into the living room the three were standing in.

"Welcome, welcome! Can I get you anything? Water? Tea? Coffee? Anything?" She asks.

"No thank you." Klara states overwhelmed by the whole trip.

"Oh dear, I'm Molly, but sit tight, let me call the rest down." She says before heading to the stairwell to yell up to whomever else was in the house.

Klara looked around the living room looking at all the different trinkets that decorated the room itself. It seemed familiar to her, but she couldn't put her nose on it.

"Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Harry! Klara is here! Come on down!" She yelled up the stairs quite loudly.

Soon the sound of feet pounding down the stair rang into Klara's ears. Down the corner of the stairs appeared the four teenagers she had called for.

Suddenly Klara is meet face to face with the same green eyes that have stared back at her in a mirror her entire life, dark hair sat disheveled upon his head and a scar sat on his forehead that she was familiar with on her collar bone.

Klara didn't know why but she couldn't stop herself from saying, "Harry."

Everyone one looked at her shocked including the boy's name who she had just whispered.

"How did you know his name?" The boy who Klara assumed was Ron questioned.

"I...I don't know." She replied still looking at the boy who was identical to her.

"Alright, Harry and Klara why don't you come into the kitchen with me everyone else find something else." Molly states leading the two Potters into the kitchen.

Sitting across from each other Klara was still in a state of shock, she was flooded with information about someone she had never met before and he was in the same boat, although he at least knew that she existed before this day.

She knew he was in Gryffindor and was in the tri-wizard cup. He had been the one to find the chamber of secrets, his roommate at school was Ron and Neville Longbottom was one of his best friends.

"Why do I know about you?" Klara asks, looking into the boy's eyes.

"Because we are twins." Was all he got out of his mouth.

Harry suddenly knew that her favorite color was lavender, she had been growing her hair out since she was 11, she could not stand heights, but she loved the ocean.

"Kalena is not actually your aunt." Molly states, "Do you want to know everything?"

"Uhh...yes?" Klara states.

"When you were little a wizard called Voldemort tried to kill you and Harry but killed your parents instead. The ministry of magic chooses to separate you to because they knew that Voldemort was after one of you more than the other and we believe it is you that he was after. Kalena is an aura who was sent with you to America to protect you. We realized that no matter what if Voldemort wanted you he would find a way to get you anyways, therefore we decided the safest place for you was at Hogwarts close to one of the most powerful wizards." Molly overloads Klara with information.

"Wait you are telling me that my parents were not killed in a car crash but by a psycho wizard who what wants power or something like that?" Klara asks.

"He wants all of the power and to destroy all wizards who are muggle born." Molly says sadly.

"Then why does he want Harry or I?" Klara asks.

"One of you...or both...is standing in the way of his want for world domination, and he will stop at nothing until both of you are dead." Molly states, Klara looking at Harry can tell that none of this is news to him.

"So, what do I have to do to make sure that doesn't happen?" Klara asks. She knew about Voldemort, everyone did. He had made advances in America and had turned wizards into death eaters there as well. She had seen it happen at Ilvermorny.

"The sorting hat will be here soon, you'll be sorted into a house and you just have to keep your head down." Molly stated.

"Don't worry Klara, I'll be there the whole time with you." Harry states looking at his sister that he was so happy he was finally re-united with.

Klara nodded before Molly said, "Alright I am going to give you two sometime to catch up, I'll come back when Hagrid arrives with the sorting hat." And with that Molly had left the room.

"So...you knew about me?" Klara asks looking at Harry who was sitting across the table.

"Yes, but they said I couldn't contact you in case Voldemort could trace it. Until this year Voldemort thought he had killed you that night. That's why you were rushed over here so fast, if you want the truth of it." Harry sighed.

"So...you can talk to snakes too?" Klara asked cautiously, hoping that the knowledge she suddenly had of her brother was correct.

"Yes, they call it parcel tongue around here." Harry replies smiling at his sister.

"Oh good, well not, but I thought I was a freak." Klara laughed.

"Nope, I released a python at a zoo when I was 11 after having a very nice conversation with him." Harry laughed.

"I taught a cobra how to write at the zoo by where I was from." Klara laughed.

The two bantered on for about an hour, learning the ins and outs of each other's lives and personalities. Before Molly came in with Hagrid and the sorting hat.

"Alright dear, it's time to figure out which house you will be in once you go to Hogwarts." Molly said placing the hat on top of Klara's head.

"OH! Finally, the other Potter!" The hat squealed, and Klara wondered if it was just her who could hear or the whole room, "Hmmm... you are much like your mother, a gentle soul but with the fire your father had. You may be gentle but you're not going to be a Hufflepuff." The hat thought.

He continued on, "You are incredibly self-reliant and brave, ambitious but loyal...". Before Klara could say anything, the hat had made its decision.

"SLYTHERIN!"

Klara looked around the room and saw faces of astonishment.

"Is that a bad thing?" She asked.

"No not at all darling, why don't you go settle in to bed now, it has been a long day." Molly says.

Ginny and Hermione brought Klara to their room while an odd silence feel upon the house.

"Hagrid, we must call Dumbledore immediately!" Molly whisper shouted in the kitchen after all of the teens inhabiting the home had gone to bed.

"No need, I am already here." The old wizard stated walking into the kitchen with the two, know ghastly white.

"Professor Dumbledore, what about the prophecy? Mustn't we do something?" Hagrid asked quietly.

"No Hagrid, we must let this run its course." He replied calmly.

There is an awkward silence before Molly whispers, "But Albus, if we do not intervene, she will be your death."