"Silence!" They all quieted at the sound of their leader's angry cry. "What does your master want with her?" Pan then focused his attention on Rufio, his anger replaced by curiosity and confusion. 

"I don't question my master's wishes," was his brother's only reply.

Rufio walked toward Mia and Thomas's form stiffened in a protective stance in front of her, fists ready for a fight at his sides. Some boys even made a move to step in front of him to assist until their leader spoke otherwise.

"No. Let him through."

Mia, looking at him pleadingly, in that moment wanted to slap Pan across the face. He was the most hard headed person in the realms with more powers beyond belief, yet he would just let the person who had just killed his second in command take her? She understood they were no where near friends and he had a rough history, but this moment made her want to cry from the overwhelming sense of betrayal.

Mia shook her head at her own foolishness. What is wrong with me? she asked herself. Her body was a cage for a whirlwind of emotions, wondering why everything the immortal boy did made her so upset when she had someone like Thomas who was willing to fight for her.

"I'm glad you're being cooperative, Brother." Rufio smirked and began to lick his lips while looking Mia up and down, stalking nearer and nearer.

"You are no brother of mine."

Rufio made no response to Pan's comment and quickly walked over, pushed Thomas aside, and grabbed Mia's bicep. She yelped at the sudden pain in her arm and coward away, kicking at his calves with her heels.

Thomas was being held back from other lost boys. He was shouting curses at Rufio and strained against the boys' tight grips. "What is wrong with you? There are more of us than him!" Thomas shouted urgently. "He wouldn't stand a chance!"

Some of the boys murmured in agreement but Pan neither moved nor made a sound against the scene and the boys wouldn't dare go against his wishes. His eyes were fixated on Mia without any sign of emotion with his hands clasped behind his back in tight fists.

Rufio started to drag her away from camp and Mia tried to run anywhere away from him. Even though Pan could be cruel sometimes, at least he had given her a roof over her head and promised her a way back home. But she knew one thing for certain: if she went with Rufio, she would never see Anna or her mom again.

"Pan, please!" Mia cried out, begging, with her voice cracking with fear. She felt like a sheep being thrown in a lion's den, helpless and with no chance of escape.

Her last ounce of hope diminished when Pan turned his back to her, his head lowered. Mia never stopped fighting though. Even as Rufio dragged her into the woods, even after the sounds of Thomas's and some boys' angry shouts were mere whispers, she never stopped struggling. She knew Rufio was getting annoyed by her protests but she didn't care. She wanted him to know she wouldn't give up that easily, that she'd fight for all eternity if it came to that.

He grunted in both pain and anger when suddenly her knee came up made contact with his groin. Her proudness, although, was short lived.

"That's it." Rufio picked up a rock from the ground and hit Mia across the head with it, right on her temple, and with that broke her skin, bone, and consciousness.