Chapter 20: John has gone insane

ابدأ من البداية

     When Sherlock returned he was wearing the shirt that was even tighter now that John had ordered him to gain weight. The shirts buttons were tearing at the seems and spots of his chest showed through the holes where the buttons conjoined. John smiled and stood with the child in his hands bouncing it up and down. "I think you should put the baby down." Sherlock said motioning to the steps that led to Hamish's room. John nodded and winked before trailing into the bedroom. When he returned Sherlock smiled and trotted to him where he placed his arms around John's waist, John did what he usually did and placed his arms around Sherlock's neck and stood on his toes to place a kiss on his lips. "you know all this no-sleep thing is driving me insane." John whispered, Sherlock frowned at this knowing it was his fault John got up during the night. "I can take care of the baby sometimes John." Sherlock said as they moved slowly around the living room as if they were dancing although no music played. John laid his head on Sherlock's shoulder, "you know for our 'first dance' thing I was really scared that I'd be a bad dancer." John murmured into Sherlock's shoulder. "I don't think it's you who has to worry." Sherlock replied avoiding John's small feet, his long limbering legs fumbling ungracefully beneath him. "I know, I guess I'm not the bad dancer of us two." John joked, Sherlock smiled at this. "yeah your right, but unfortunately I think you need rest." Sherlock said stopping his feet and kissing  the top of John's sandy hair. John tried to hide a yawn, "No I'm fine." He replied sounding sleepy. Sherlock laughed slightly and picked John up bridal style and walked him to the kitchen table and placed him in the chair.

     John laughed and resisted slightly, "stay here I'm gonna get you a cuppa." Sherlock said walking into the kitchen to retrieve a mug and a PG Tips tea bag. When he started the water he went back into the living room to find a sleeping John, his head on his fists and snoring just slightly. Sherlock smiled again and went upstairs to get Hamish to put in his play pen. He walked down the steps carefully, his whole body rigid with the fear of dropping the precious child. Although Hamish could walk (quite well two) Sherlock preferred the comfort of holding the child in his arms. 

    Sherlock placed Hamish in the pen and watched him bounce around on his chubby little legs. Sherlock felt his heart beat slow and everything stopped for a moment in the silence of the child and the happiness that overwhelmed him. Sherlock stopped for a moment then came back to his senses and took the time to speak to Hamish. Although the child was young he already showed signs of being a sociopath so it was obvious that he would be smart enough to understand what Sherlock said, "See that man over there, Hamish?" Sherlock started looking over to the sleeping John, the baby didn't respond, which was typical for Hamish."That's your dad, did you know he's superman?" He said continuing, and saying what came to mind. "That man gets up every time you start crying no matter how tierd he is or what has happened that day." Sherlock felt his eyes get hot but he fought off the tears that threatened to spill over, "It's a good thing you have him because I'm really useless." Sherlock's voice started to crack as he turned his gaze back to the child who seemed to be listening by the way his head turned from John to Sherlock. "I can only hope you turn out more like him then me." Sherlock finished. The baby gave a small giggle which made the tears start to fall from his eyes and fall onto Hamish's small head. The baby continued to giggle and soon Sherlock did too, he laughed at nothing at all until John started to wake up and groaned slightly. 

          Sherlock stopped laughing and looked at John, his eyes were opening, he didn't mean to wake his hedgehog (which was the new name he started to call him) but he accidentally did due to his laughing. "Sorry I didn't mean to wake you." Sherlock said striding over to him, John shrugged, "Doesn't matter." He replied leaning his already sitting body against Sherlock's still standing one. He closed his eyes for a moment, the fatigue obvious in his body movements. Sherlock draped an arm around John and pulled him in close to his hip and mumbled something that John could barely hear, "I am in love with you John." the words rang in John's ears, they were short and soft but they seemed like an explosion. Sherlock had said 'I love you.' before but this time it felt different. Possibly because soon they were starting their new life together, or maybe it was Hamish, or just that he had seemed to really mean it with more force this time. John thought of his words for a few seconds longer, allowing them to rush over him with force before he replied, "I am in love with Sherlock." The words sounded better when they came out, as if a weight on his chest that he hadn't even known was there. 

**** LATER THAT NIGHT****

         John rolled over and put an arm around Sherlock's chest and shifted his head to fit in the crook of his neck. Sherlock smiled in his sleep and shifted to get closer to John. John took in a long breath, breathing in Sherlock's smell of tea and slightly like baby food. John smiled, Sherlock had gotten up for the baby last night instead of making John. John kissed the back of his ear and murmured a sleepy 'I love you.' Sherlock smiled again but this time it didn't fade he just fell asleep with a grin. 

*****NEXT MORNING!***

   Sherlock wiped the sleep from his eyes, tonight was the night of their 'surprise' Bachelor party. He had found out about it very easily when he saw decorations Lestrade had thought he hid. Sherlock didn't tell John though, he figured it best to leave it like that so at least John was pleasantly surprised. Sherlock turned over and faced John who was just now waking up, he smiled and let out a yawn stretching his arms high above his body before letting them flop down next to him. "Morning love." John said after his yawn, Sherlock smiled at him, "Good Morning John." he replied placing a kiss on his forehead. John smiled and sat up on his knees, a long shirt (which just so happened to be Sherlock's) reaching to his lower thigh (the part above your knee.. yeah.. that part...). Sherlock sat up too, both didn't move for a second just enjoying each others company. John leaned in and put his hands around Sherlock's neck and pulled him in for a kiss. The kiss was nice and quick, John was the first to pull away but only for a quick moment, "I am in love with you." he whispered. Sherlock returned what he said and put his arms arond John, collapsing on top of him and pushing him so his head was off of the bed laying horizontal to the way they should be. Sherlock pressed his lips to John's opening and closing them with the beat of John's. Sherlock licked John's bottom lip asking for entrance into his mouth, something he never asked for in a kiss, John allowed him and Sherlock quickly explored every part. Their tongues fought for dominance of which Sherlock won and after a minute or two their hearts started to race as their lungs grew thirsty for the air that had left them. Sherlock didn't want to let go though but if he didn't he would soon pass out in the middle of their kiss so he broke it off and began gasping for air. John's body was now half off of the bed his head hanging upside down. Sherlock laughed slightly at this and as soon as he caught his breath he kissed him again. John knew why, he knew what Sherlock really wanted but Sherlock would still have to wait, it was funny to see the look on his face. Never the less John kissed on this time winning the fight for dominance. He gripped Sherlock's back, feeling himself slowly falling off of the bed. Within a matter of seconds John was on the floor screaming curses for hitting his head so hard on the ground. Sherlock laughed until he clutched his side. "I'm done snogging for now." John hissed in a joking way. Sherlock laughed again but took the request as the walked into their kitchen to start off the day.

A/N: Sorry, this is short for me I know.... Also sorry for the long wait for such a shitty thang but uhm... I LOVE YOU!!! Sorry again.. New chapters later!