Chapter 2: Your Best Friend Is In Jail?

“I’m calling Security,” Josh repeated shoving the girl off his chest. “Maybe if you run fast enough they won’t be able to catch you.” He picked up the room phone pleased to hear the dial tone before it abruptly cut off. He looked over and saw the girl in question holding the phone cord she had ripped from the wall. “You are paying for that too! How on Earth did you rip that out of the wall?”

“You can’t call Security. This is my one chance,” she begged her hands clasped together in front of her. “Please just hear me out.”

“No,” Josh cooly replied as he searched his room for his cell phone. Where had he set it?

“Wow,” he heard the girl say. “Do you just sit around and take selfies of yourself with your shirt off all day? Maybe you should take a breather and take a pic of a tree or something. That kind of obsession with your abs isn’t healthy.” He whirled around to see her scrolling through his phone.

“Where did you get that, and how did you get past the passcode?” he growled.

“I’m a Directioner,” she replied rolling her eyes. “They haven’t yet found a passcode we can’t break.”

“Just give me back my phone and leave whoever you are. I’m not in the mood to deal with the lad’s crazy fans.” Faith sighed and handed over the phone pouting.

“I was hoping falling on you was a sign that you could be the one to help me,” she grumbled slowly pacing to the door outside. “I guess I was hoping for too much. My name is Faith by the way.” Josh grimaced doing his best to squash the guilt churning in his gut. She had invaded his space after all. He didn’t owe her anything.

“Please just go.” Faith nodded opening the door. Josh sighed sitting on the bed thrilled he finally would just be able to relax. Then all of his muscles went on alert when he heard the familiar little voice.

“Who are you?” Joanie called out from the door. “Are you a friend of Unca Joshie?” Josh shot up from the bed racing for the door.

“Joanie,” Josh said seeing the little stunner inspecting the crazy Faith woman. “What are you doing wandering around? You should be with your mommy or daddy.”

“I found dwums!” she gleefully cried out. “Will you come play them with me Unca Joshie?”

“Do your parents know where you are?” Faith asked politely. She was behaving almost normally. Like she hadn’t just fallen through the air duct in his room.

“Course they do,” Joanie replied with a toothy grin. “Dada says he always carries me in his heart.”

“You know what she meant Joanie,” Josh scolded. Joanie looked down.

“No,” the girl softly mumbled. “But I wanna pway dwums!”

“You know better. I’m sure your mum and dad are freaking out looking for you,” Josh replied. At that exact moment his phone started ringing showing Niall’s number. “See?” He answered the phone quickly. “I’ve got her Niall. Thanks.”

“Is dada mad?” Joanie asked after he hung up.

“He’s not mad,” Josh assured her. “But he is disappointed you ran off on your own.”

“Ouch,” Faith said. “That sucks. Don’t say things like that to her. She didn’t mean to worry anyone. Did you precious?”

“Of course not,” Joanie replied smiling up at Faith. “My name is Joanie, not precious.”

“Awww, but I want to call you precious because you just are. Pretty please?”

“Okay! But only you—“