Breathe, breathe.

I sit on the passenger's seat and fold my arms.

"This is kidnapping! Why are you doing this?" I say as soon as he gets in the car as well. His smell is distinctive in a good way, like refreshing shampoo and new leaves.

He chuckles, "I need you to be my girlfriend for a day."

"Why would I do that?" I pull my gray cardigan closer to the center of my body. He has the temperature in the car conditioned to the coldest possible, and I have always been the one who just can't deal with coldness. He seems to feel at ease, not looking nervous or awkward at all.

"Because I said so."

Did he just treat me like a kid and brush me off?

"I'm serious!"

"So am I, sweetheart. See those guys over there?" He gestures to a group of boys in our age that I didn't notice earlier. They are laughing and bantering around, some of them are even directly looking at us. They look like the same type of boys as this guy, all having the same haughty look on their faces. He continues, "they are my friends. Oh, that's Finn, the one laughing. And sucks to be their friend, they forced me to do this dare. Please, just for today."

He is looking a little desperate, and I'm not the kind who refuses to help when I actually can. I mean, what else can I do except going back home and watching random TV shows, now that school is over? So I give him a shrug, "okay then." I just hope I'm not making a terrible decision by doing this.

His face brightens up, "then let's go!" He steps on the accelerator and starts driving out of the parking lot.

"What about my car?" I ask, hoping that he hasn't forgotten about it.

"Don't worry, I'll drive you back here. I'm Blade. What's your name?" His name actually fits him perfectly. Well done, Blade, you somehow get yourself a "daily disposable" girlfriend and you don't even know her name.

"It's Louane."

"Louane? Are you French? Bonjour, m'dame." He looks away from the streets and glances at me while faking a French accent. I see a flicker of surprise on his face.

I roll my eyes. Sometimes I think I roll my eyes a little too much.

"Just because of the fact my parents decided to name me Louane doesn't necessarily mean that I am French," I reply sarcastically.

"Okay okay, chill, grizzly bear," he laughs.

I giggle at his choice of words, then I take out my phone to text Brandy.

I'm in the car of a stranger called Blade who goes to your school. Don't worry, I'm safe for now. Letting you know in case he decides to kill me.

She responded in less than a minute.

R you kidding me, Lou? U're seriously in Blade freakin' Brighton's car???

I raise my eyebrow, even though she can't see me. Shouldn't she be worried about her best friend's life status?

Yeah... I think so. Why?

"Who are you texting?" Blade suddenly asks.

Ding-ding. Another text from Brandy.

Omg he's like one of the hottest kids in my school! Do what you gotta do, get the guy! xx

"Brandy, telling her where I am in case you decide to kill me," I tell him the truth. So I was right. He is one of those attractive yet arrogant boys in a typical high school.