"Link! Come here!" You stood back up again, completely healed and dragged Link in with you.

"____, What are you doing?" He tried to pull away from you as you scooped the water in your hands and poured it over his shoulder where he was burnt. Link flinched in pain at first, then calmed down at the sight of his healed shoulder, "Thanks." He whispered.

You wanted to ask him that question that burned through the back of your mind, and finally had the courage to say it, "Am I really a distraction?"

Link turned away from you, taking a deep breath and sprung out of the water. You bit your lip at his reaction, "Even you think so... I thought I could..."

Link turned on you, "Don't think, OK! The truth is..." He had trouble trying to find the right words, "...is...with you constantly on my tail, I have to watch more than my own back, which...takes up valuable time. Time that could be spent to save Zelda!" Link sighed, "Let's just get you home..."

You tried to fight back the lump that grew deep in your throat. No one actually admitted to your face that you were worthless, especially your best friend. The trip back to Skyloft couldn't have been more silent. Once or twice you felt a tear spill down your cheek, but quickly wiped it away. As you landed and walked back into the academy for something to eat, your hurt turned to something deeper. You would prove yourself to Link in Lanayru, and maybe then he would take back his previous words.

The sky darkened through the clouds as you sat down at the kitchen table in the academy, contemplating different ways to prove yourself. Link came and sat down next to you, handing you a bowl of broth. Blowing off the steam, you sipped the hot soup gingerly across from Link. He gulped down his bowl, not caring to cool it off. Setting the bowl back down, he sighed, "I hope you'll forgive me..."

Taking a large slurp of your soup, you pretended you had no idea what he was talking about. You didn't want him to see what effect he had on your emotions, "For what?"

Link pushed his bowl to the side and grabbed his equipment, "For...what I'm about to do..."

You looked at him in confusion. He was up to something. "What are you..." Suddenly you felt woozy, and the realization of what he had just done began to set in as your head fell against the table with a thud.

"I'm sorry, ____." Link whispered as he left the kitchen.

Your vision blurred and blackened as you watched Link leave. Your best friend just drugged you.

Link

After that brief respite in Skyloft, I hurried back outside to better equip myself and head out for Lanayru Desert. I'm trying to keep the memory of the way I treated ___ out of my head... I feel awful for yelling at her and drugging her, but it had to be done!! She would still have followed me down here again, and gotten us both in trouble. Though, it's not really her fault most of the time... Maybe I'm not the chosen hero. I never really imagined the emotional toil this quest might take on me. part of me wonders why I'm the so called 'chosen hero' when this lady in black seems to be doing a better job of protecting Zelda than I. Am I just the knight in the back of the plot, distracting the bad guys and cleaning up the messes?! *sigh* Let's hope I can get through Lanayru fast, and back again so I can apologize in a better way to ___.

Pipit

Well, I did manage to catch a glimpse of Link and ___ returning on their loftwings today. So they are still searching... It still seems a bit excessive... Not to mention the way they return. All torn up, sweaty, covered in filth! It looks like they're going into the academy for supper. My shift is almost up so I think I'm going to confront them and ask their whereabouts. It can't hurt...

Groose

Well, they've officially called off the search parties! Great! Just wonderful!! We're all supposed to sit here and wait for a sign that Zelda might be alive!? Everyone on campus is getting really suspicious about Link and ___ though. They're always disappearing together. Together, mind you!! Stretch and Cawlin both have some really sick rumors they're spreading about the two of them, and I won't stand for it! Well I mean go ahead and spread rumors about Link! I don't care what kind of rep that guy gets! But ___ doesn't deserve to have things like that flying around campus. Maybe I'm just jealous... Something I haven't been about ___ for a long while, but those two jerks better knock it off!! Something big is up, and I'm going to have to find out what it is!

Ghirahim

Oh ho ho! Well! Looks like there is an incredible amount of tension growing in between Link and ___. I can certainly use that to my advantage! Split them up and break them! Mold them into the little pathetic heroes that tried as hard as they could but valiantly failed! Well... I might just give that treatment to Link... I have something much more complicated and passionate in mind for ___. I can use that tension to separate her loyalty from Link and she will break, but I have something else to offer her. Her broken spirit will crave belonging, and I will give it to her. *evil grin.*