day 37 \\ confession

It was a late evening and you were waiting for your guests. You invited Jesse and Hallie to see your new apartments. It was your first own apartments in NYC and they were your only friends in there. You prepared a dinner and bought two bottles of wine. You gave them your new address and waited. Your new apartments are relatively close to their, it takes only half an hour on taxi to drive in there. And that's why you was a bit nervous.

"You look beautiful " said Hallie when you was hugging her. She gave you a bouquet of roses,she knew that you like roses.

Jesse was closing the door in that moment, but when he saw you he stared for a while, and made you smile. In his hands he was holding big teddy bear. When Jesse understood that you are watching at him, he smiled too. He was in gray t-shirt and black jacket. You hugged him, while Hallie was looking about your apartments.

"I-It's for you" he said and gave you cute teddy bear.
"Awww. Thank you. Thats actually what I need" you smiled and took your present "Come in. There is something delicious for you two"

They liked the dinner and then you showed them your apartments. There were two guest-rooms, one work-space room for you, your bed room, kitchen, bathroom and living-room where you ended your excursion. You went to the kitchen to grab more wine and glasses for it. Hallie was searching something in your Smart TV and Jesse was looking at your bookshelf when you were back.

"What is it, Jesse?" you asked him . You were holding two glasses and bottle of wine in your hands. He took one glass and you poured there some wine.
" Nothing, just saw 'The Revisionist'* on your bookshelf. Did you liked it?' he smiled. " Thank you"
" Yes, I've read. I liked it. Really interesting play" you said and turned to Hallie who were sitting on the sofa" I should have seen it, but I was in England"
" You must read The Spoils, I swear, it's a hundred times better" Hallie said. By her voice it was noticeable that she was drunk. You smiled and poured her less wine that you poured in Jesse's glass.
" Okay. I will find it as soon as possible and read" you sat near to her and poured some wine in your glass.
" Well, I liked your new appartments and would you mind if I'll stay there sometimes?" Hallie smiled watching at you and you smiled back to her." It's bigger than ours and...cozier, I guess"
" Of course I would not mind" you sipped from you glass. Jesse sat near to his sister.
" She saying that because there is no such big TV Screen" Jesse said and you both giggled.

You were watching "Ghostbusters" and laughing like it was when you were younger. It was so nice to bring everything back for a moment. Bring back careless days.
Hallie started yawning and you took her to one of the guest rooms. When you came back, you and Jesse were watching your favorite old comedies and laughing.

" Y|N, I have one question to ask you now" he said after one of jokes you both laughed about. He put his glass on the table and looked at you. Jesse looked more confident than usual. You smiled thinking that it was wine talking instead of him.
"What is it?" you put your glass on the table. "Is that about this wine? I'll never tell you where I got it"
"No, no" Jesse laughed and took your hand "What if I kiss you?" he asked and you tried to hide your eyes from him. You felt turning a bit red."No, really . What would you think?"
" I would think that you are my best friend and brother of my best friend. And we are drunk a bit. " you laughed and finally looked at him. Then you saw that inspite of being a bit drunk he was serious.
"Yeah, this is basically true. Such a good wine. But I'm not even sorry that I can't stop myself now" he glanced at your lips and you felt something inside your chest.

Jesse leaned closer and started kissing you. He put his arms around your back and started putting your close and closer. Somehow you started kissing him back, you didn't planned it. Your kiss became passionate really fast. You felt his breath on your skin, his warm lips were making you melting in his arms. No one ever kissed you in such way as he did. But then you remembered that you both were drunk and stopped.

"Uh, oh, Jesse , that's not good" you said and leaned away but he held you too strong. You felt shivers on your back.
"Yeah, I know you don't want relationships because of what happened but ..." he pressed his forehead to yours and glanced on your lips. "I've liked you for a really long time, Y/N , but you never seemed to notice" Jesse whispered
"No-no, Jesse, I want , I liked kissing you and that's what's not good " you said breathing heavily.
"You know me very well. And with you I feel myself so free, so right. You are good for me " Jesse said and you felt that your eyes started watering. "Please, be mine?"

You became numb and stared at him. You liked Jesse, you liked him very much. He was fun, intelligent, kind and very very talented. Jesse always made you smile even if you didn't want to.But he didn't knew real you.

" Jesse, I need to tell you something"
" Yes,Y/N?" he asked taking your hair from your face
"It's not about you, because, I think that you are perfect friend and basically will be perfect boyfriend but...it's me. There are a lot of stuff happened to me in England and I've changed. I don't think that you know me enough because I show you and Hallie only those things...which I want you to know" your hands were shaking. Jesse was surprised by your words.
" But it's normal to have secrets, Y/N. I have secrets too"
"I'm scared that those secrets can hurt you one day. And I don't want you to be hurt"you touched his cheek
"I'm sure I can handle it"
" but I'm not, Jesse "