Contract

Writer's Note:

Hello everyone! I'm sorry if it feels like it's taken me forever to post a new chapter! So much has been happening in my life! I would just like to take a second to thank everyone who has read this story! It has over 2,000 reads now which is absolutely amazing! You have no idea how much each and every read means to me! Anyways, I hope that you like this chapter! If you do, please make sure to vote, comment, or send me a message!

- Sarah

The floor of the pizzeria is checkered in a red and white pattern, the tall walls are adorned with photographs stemming from the last twenty years of pizza making at the family owned restaurant, and the sound of the hustle and bustle of the kitchen is distracting. Luckily, it's early in the day so there are only a few clients, none of which recognize who Niall is. As you, Niall, and Issy sink into a booth deep in the corner of the restaurant.

"So, Issy right?" Niall asks as he sets his phone on the table.

"Yeah." Issy nods nervously as she moves a piece of loose hair behind her ear.

"What do you do?" He asks as he clasps his hands together and squints his eyes.

"Uh, I don't know really. I'm not in college and I don't have a job. I just kind of play music." She says as she keeps her eyes on the table.

"Oh, yeah? What kind of music do you play?" Niall asks as he raises and eyebrow and leans back into the booth.

"Soft music. Music with meaning." She says as she looks him straight in the eyes.

"Music with meaning. I suppose that's the most important kind of music huh?" He says as a thick smile spreads across his face.

You give him a look as to tell him to back off. For some odd reason, Niall doesn't seem to have a liking for Issy, yet he doesn't even know her. He's known her for less than an hour and he's treating her like a criminal. It's confusing. Niall doesn't even look at you, he keeps his eyes tightly on Issy who is just glaring right back at him.

"So, what kind of pizza did we order again?" You ask to break the awkward tension at the table.

"We ordered a pepperoni and a hawaiian." Niall states as he smiles softly at you.

"Oh, okay. So, we have an event to go to this weekend right?" You ask him as you take a sip of your soda.

"Yeah. An awards show. Perrie and Eleanor will be there too, so you're not going to be alone. Susan is supposed to call you so that you can go pick out a dress and stuff." Niall says as he scrolls through his phone.

"Cool. Sounds good." You say as you nod and smile towards Issy.

She's sitting there quietly looking out the window of the restaurant. Her eyebrows are furrowed and her lips are in a tight line. If you didn't know any better, you would think that she was unhappy to be there. Although you're not sure why. Any other girl her age would die to have a chance to sit at a booth with Niall Horan. Maybe she just doesn't care for One Direction. If that's the case, than you're not sure how this is going to work out.

"Issy, is there something wrong?" You ask her lightly.

She slowly turns her head towards you, her eyes lightening.

"No, why?" She asks as she furrows an eyebrow.

"Well, you're just kind of quiet is all." You say with a slow nod.

"Oh, yeah. Just thinking." She says with a small smile.

"You know, you should come to the awards show. I would love to have someone there with me as a friend." You say with a smile.