Chapter 8

Vanessa's POV
-
   Today is my first day of school at a new school and I don't want to go. I've never been the new kid before so I have no idea what it'll be like. All I know is what I've seen in movies and read in books and in the movies and books everyone always hates the new kid and they make their year terrible. Honestly though, I don't think it'll be like that because Lesly was the new kid in 7th grade and no one bothered her or hated her. As a matter of fact, she made lot's of friends including Diego and I. I just hope that being the new girl isn't so bad. After I was liberated from my thoughts I took a shower, got dressed, and did my hair. I then went downstairs and I ate cereal while watching SpongeBob like I do everyday. When I finished I said goodbye to my mom, grabbed my keys, and headed to my new school.

Christopher's POV
-
"Chicos se apresuran o vamos a llegar tarde!" gritó Zabdiel desde abajo

   Hoy es nuestro primer día de escuela y el resto de los chicos no estaban listos todavía. Si no se apresuran, vamos a llegar tarde en nuestro primer día.

"Estoy casi listo hermano. Tengo que arreglar mi cabello." Erick gritó desde el baño

"Erick has estado en el baño durante media hora. No creo que tu cabello necesite nada mas que arreglar." le dijo Joel a Erick

   Los chicos bajaron unos minutos después. Todos nos subimos al auto y fuimos a nuestra nueva escuela, Hearst High. Llegamos a la escuela y nos fuimos a la inscripción y nos dieron nuestro casillero y nuestro horario de clase. Estábamos saliendo de la oficina cuando nos topamos con alguien.

"Hola chicos !" grito Johann

"No puedo creer que son ustedes. ¿Qué están haciendo aquí?" Joel le dijo a Alan, Jaime, Johann, y Yoandri

"Nuestros padres nos dejaron terminar la secundaria en Los Ángeles con ustedes." dijo Alan

"Cuando llegaron?" les pregunte

"Llegamos ayer por la mañana." dijo Jaime

"¿Por qué no nos dijeron?" preguntó Erick

"Queríamos que fuera una sorpresa." dijo Johann

"Donde están Yoandri y Joel?" le pregunté a los chicos cuando me di cuenta de que ya no estaban allí

"No sé, pero deberíamos irnos porque las clases están a punto de comenzar. Ellos pueden encontrar sus clases por sí mismos." dijo Richard y todos nos fuimos a buscar nuestras clases.

¿Dónde podrían haber ido?

Vanessa's POV
-
   I got to my new school, Hearst High, and I went to registration where they gave me my locker number and combination. I was putting my things in my locker when someone came up from behind me and touched my shoulder. I turned around scared and saw Joel and Yoandri.

"Hey Vanessa." they both said

"Hey." I said back

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked them

"We go to school here now." Yoandri said

   Just what I needed. Not only am I going to be the new kid, at a new school, in a new state, and without her bestfriends, but now the two people I can't stand are at the same school as me. I can't believe it! Just my luck. Wait a second Vanessa... if Joel is here doesn't that mean that Christopher could be here too!?

"Hey Joel is Christopher here too?" I asked Joel

"No he isn't. It's just Yoandri and I." Joel said

"Oh that sucks. I would've loved for him to come here too." I told him

   Just then the bell rang and I walked to my 1st period class, which is art, without saying goodbye to either of them. I know it's a bit rude to do that, but I don't care. The only thing I couldn't understand was the fact that Joel and Yoandri are the only ones here. Why weren't Chris or the rest of the guys here? Weren't they in Los Angeles too?

Joel's POV
-
   When we got out of the office the guys and I ran into Johann, Alan, Yoandri, and Jaime. We said hi to them and then I told Yoandri to come with me to see the school. We were walking down the hallway that contained the lockers when I saw the most beautiful girl. She wasn't just any girl either. She was Vanessa.

"Hey look there's Vanessa." I told Yoandri

"Let's go talk to her." Yoandri said to me

   We got closer and we said hi to Vanessa. She then asked me if Christopher came to this school too and I told her he didn't. The bell then rang and she left without saying goodbye.

"Hey Joel why did you tell Vanessa that Christopher wasn't here?" Yoandri asked me

"I don't know." I told him and we both went to class

   Honestly, I told Vanessa that Chris wasn't here because I couldn't let them get together. I wasn't going to let Chris steal her from me again. Now all I have to do is make sure that they don't cross paths here for a while until I make her mine.