Chapter 24

Alexander spends the rest of the day in my room with me. And the day after that. And the day after that. He doesn't complain about the fact that my maids aren't really around- if anything, I think he's glad. After they leave for the night, he sneaks in and falls asleep with me, and leaves before they come in the morning.

Today, almost a week after the whole issue with him and Celine, is the Capital Report. Alexander sits next to me on my bed as I wait for my maids to come and dress me. It will be the first one without Clara. "When are you leaving?"

"Soon." He stands up and pulls me up with him, twirling me around before kissing me. "Mason and I decided that tomorrow we're going to cut it down to ten Elite."

I give him a faux-seductive look, mocking Celine. "And will I be one of them?"

He takes both of my hands and presses his lips against mine. He pulls back a little, our foreheads pressing together. "Maybe. You'll have to wait and see."

I smack his chest. "Jerk."

He laughs. "Now Cassiana, will I have to tell Silon about this?"

"Go ahead. I dare you."

He kisses me again, pulling away just as there's a knock on my door. "Come in!" I call.

My maids hurry in. "Sorry we're late, miss. We got a little...held up." They curtsy to Alexander.

"That's my cue. See you later." He exits the room, shutting the door behind him.

"Alright." Alexis rubs her hands together. "Let's get started."

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"I look like a bride."

"That's good- they'll think of how lovely you would look in a wedding dress."

"But Aquia-"

"No buts. You look gorgeous."

I roll my eyes. "Fine, fine."

She pulls me aside. After glancing around, she speaks in a whisper. "Did Alexander see you?"

"No. Why?"

She grins. "The groom isn't supposed to see the bride before the ceremony."

I smack her in the arm, hard. "Not funny!"

"Okay girls, get seated!" Our tutor, who I still don't know the name of, chirps gleefully.

Aquia drags me along and sits us in the back row. Mason smiles over at us, but his eyes are on Aquia.She looks gorgeous, in a blue and white gown that looks like a wedding gown. She practically glows. Alexander looks over, sees me, and does a double take.

I smile shyly and fix my dress. Someone counts down, and then the cameras turn on. "Goooood evening, Illéa!"