The Beginning

Time to put my mask on.

They say that change is good. It's supposed to bring a new perspective. New opportunities, sabi nga nila. Pero hindi para kay Andie. It puts her on a roller coaster ride. It makes her anxious. But she wanted this. She worked hard for this. Still, meeting new people scares her.

Kung alam lang nila.

Kaso hindi. Kasi walang puwang ang kahinaan sa pamilya nila. You always have to be brave and strong. You have to be the best. No room for error. No leeway for playtime. It's all work. Everything is clockwork. You can not deviate from it or they will find out.

That I am weak. That I am not that person they think me to be. That all I want is to get out. Be free from all this.

Kaso hindi pa pwede. Hindi pa nya kaya. Ano ba namang magagawa ng isang 1st year highschool student? Wala, diba?

So, come on Andie. Just suck it all up and go to school.

She thought it won't hurt. She will just do whatever she was doing as a grader, right? Same technique. Same alibis. So she put her smile on, put her earphones on her ears and started walking to school. Maaga naman syang nagising so she has time to enjoy. Dahil oo, medyo weird sya, she put in Enya's CD. It's a new day. A new school. A new chapter. Hindi niya alam kung anong mangyayari but all she can do is hold tight and see where this roller coaster ride takes her.