Regret

"Okay my little ones, you ready togo?" You asked gently as you finished packing up Alfred's bag andOliver was zipping up Matthew's white and red jacket.

"T-this w-won't be forever, rightM-m-maman? (M-m-mama?)" Matthew asked looking at you with wideviolet eyes as you took him from Oliver to cuddle into him.

"Non mon boo, (No my sweet,)" youassured kissing his forehead, "you and Alfie are going to stayovernight, accord? (agreed?)" You asked as you put him down andOliver took him up to gently rub his back and sing old English songsto him as you picked up Alfred.

"It's for tonight, you'll have dinnerand breakfast with him and before lunch Papa and Mommy will come topick you up. If for any reason you want to come home just tell yourcousin or father. We don't care how late it is." You promised asthe boys looked at you shocked.

"But this is our Daddy!" Alfredsaid pointing to Oliver.

"Oui! (Yes!)" Matthew agreed as youand Oliver let out a sigh at the same time but smiled none the less.

"I love you two too, poppets."Oliver said hugging Matthew and kissing Alfred's forehead. "HoweverFrancis is your father as well."

"But we don't want to call himfather! You earned it Daddy, he should to!" You couldn't' helpbut laugh at what Alfred said, from the mouths of babes as they say.

"Uh...love?" Oliver looked at youover Matthew's blonde head his freckled face, and blue with pinkswirls eyes clearly screaming "Help!"

"If that is how you two feel thanokay." You consoled patting Alfred's blonde hair, "but rememberthat if one of you decide to refer to him as father, or dad orwhatever you can do it if it feels right for you. And only you. Itdoesn't mean you love Oliver any less." You said hugging Alfred,"so you two will be okay, right?"

"Oui, Maman. (Mama.)" Matthewagreed as Alfred nodded and you headed to Francis house. As you droveOliver held your hand tightly knowing how much you hated this, therewas no court order, you didn't want one, you thought this would begood for the boys. The second it wasn't you would stop it, and goodluck getting a court to grant him parental rights as there is nofather's name on the boy's birth certificates.

Francis walked around his home doinghis best to make sure that it was perfect. He had no idea how to be afather and now he was taking on watching two five-year-olds for thenight. At the table Arthur was sipping tea and glaring at the blondeFrenchman, he was still pretty icy after finding out that the girlthat Francis has talked about since he met him and had thought suchbad thoughts of her since he always said how she never wrote but itwas because he abandoned her, leaving to another country and leavingher pregnant and alone.

The only reason he was around wasbecause Name refused to let him watch the boys unless Arthur wasthere to make sure he didn't take the boys and run. He did it as afavor to Oliver, Name, Alfred and Matthew, not for Francis and thatwas known to the Frenchman.

He jumped when he heard the doorbell ofhis apartment and rushed to open it. He saw you and Oliver standingtogether, a boy resting on your hip and the other on Oliver's. Eachwas holding a bag, Oliver was wearing extremely flamboyant pink, blueand purple, you were wearing a pair of skinny jeans that showed offyour strong legs, your feet encased in sneakers, a Union Jack tanktop under a bright blue button up shirt that you didn't button thatwas obviously Oliver's. Your (hair color) locks was piled onto thetop of your head showing off your elegant neck and stray strandsfalling into your (eye color) eyes. The boy that you were holding waswearing jeans and sneakers with a red jacket with white accents andwas holding a bag decorated like the Canadian flag. The boy onOliver's hip was wearing jeans and sneakers and his jacket was blueand red with white accents and holding a bag that was decorated withthe style of the American flag.