F A N N A (Jesse POV)

"Did you think I wasn't going to find out? I can't believe you got chased by the police. Once they saw a tall lanky and a short fat kid running they knew it was the ultimate troubled idiots. You're lucky I convinced them not to get you in trouble." My dad is at his breaking point. He's gonna explode any time now and I don't blame him.

"Glenn, calm down, honey." My dad's new Wife tells him.

"No, for God Sakes. How can I calm down. God, he's going ruin his life. It's already ruined. He fucked up his life already, he got kicked off the football team- there goes his chance on getting an athlete scholarship, he's not going to graduate on time and he got fired from the only job that would accept him. No one is going to want a no good troubled kid like him."

"Glenn! I think that enough. Let Jesse talk, let him explain himself." Beatris always tried to talk to me but I never let her go in too deep. She's okay and all but she's nothing compared to my mom.

"Tell me why, son. Tell me why you do what you do. What makes you the way you are. You're so wrapped up in yourself that you don't think straight."

"I don't know."

I honestly don't know.

My dad slams his hand on the kitchen table. "How do you not know, huh! I give you everything!"

I really shouldn't but I will because it's the only thing I know how to do.

"Bullshit! You've done nothing for me!"

"Don't you raise your voice at me!" He yells louder than he did before.

I stand up hovering over him. "You weren't there for me when I first learned to walk or when I said my words. You weren't there when I learned to shave, you weren't there the first I had my first footba game and I got pretty damn good, you weren't there for my first driving lessons and you weren't there when I stole that piece of junk, that I fixed up and making it the best car in the city. I taught myself because you weren't there, you missed so much and now you think that since mom died you get to tell me who I am? The hell with you!"

The slap on my cheek feels like a thousand bee stings. The slap is sharp and painful. I saw it coming honestly I knew that right after I finish saying what I'm saying, he either kick me out or hit me. I'd rather kick myself out.

I keep my eyes on the floor, I don't want to look at him. Especially because I don't want to give him the idea that he hurt me not physically but mentally. Last time Glenn saw me cry was years ago and I'm not going to let him see the tears at the edge of my eye.

Beatris gasps and puts both of her hands on Glenn's shoulders. "Glenn." There's disbelief in her voice and makes the tears burst and roll down my cheeks.

A warm wet drop falls on my arm, I look down at my arm and red liquid is down to the floor from my arm. Another drop of blood falls. I gently touch my nostrils and blood is smeared on my finger tips.

I look at him one more time before I walk to the door.

"Jess, Jess. Jess!"

I ignore him and walk out the door.

•••

I find myself at Greenë Hale's house, there's a lot cars here. Greenë and I known each other since middle school, I don't know why I came here of all places. We don't even talk at school but I can't help to feel close to him. Greenë once texted me asking me a lot of questions about myself, questions that I didn't even know that could be answered. He made me think about life and at a point it he helped me without knowing it.