Chapter Eight

"It's a moonshot!" he shouted.

"Now we don't have to walk!" Vaughn said.

"Did Yvette send it?" I asked.

"I sure hope so," Rhys said.

"Um....it's heading straight towards us," Vaughn pointed out.

"Oh yeah....you're right," Rhys said.

"At least we know the tracking is working!" Jack laughed insanely. I pushed Rhys and Vaughn out of the way. The moonshot went right through Jack and I.

"See? Unstoppable!" Jack cheered while smiling at me. I rolled my eyes. I'm surprised they didn't roll all the way back into my head. A car was speeding towards us.

"Are you freakin' kidding me?!" I yelled. I know that stupid model from anywhere. The car skidded and stopped right in front of Rhys and I. The window rolled down to reveal the biggest asshole in history.

"I'm going to kill you!!" I screamed and launched myself at Vasquez. He screamed like a girl and flinched. Rhys grabbed me around the waist and held me back before I could attack.

"Come on, Rhys! This asshat deserves to be killed!" I tried to convince Rhys.

"Let the kitten go. Let her tear this guy apart! I love a girl who isn't afraid to get her hands dirty." Jack started laughing. Then, he suddenly disappeared. Vasquez saw I was contained and his stupid smirk was back on his face. He saw Rhys was missing a shoe.

"Nice sock," he said sarcastically. Rhys glared at Vasquez.

"How did you find us?" Rhys asked.

"You all are Hyperion property. We always know where to find you." Vasquez got out of the car and had a gun with him. Rhys and Vaughn took a step back. I was unfazed because the bullet or whatever it held would go straight through me.

"We had a deal!" Vaughn suddenly shouted. Rhys and I stared at Vaughn in shock.

"Well, plans change," Vasquez laughed. He kept looking at Vaughn.

"Wait, what deal is he talking about?" I asked him.

"Your little buddy here made a deal to sell you two out. We want what's in Rhys' head and I just want you as a personal slave," Vasquez answered.

"You were going to sell out Chase, too?!" Rhys got angry.

"I-I'm sorry," Vaughn looked to the ground in shame. Rhys wasn't angry at Vaughn, but at Vasquez. Our conversation changed when I saw Vasquez staring at Vaughn.

"I'm going to go see if I have an extra shirt. You're body is making me....uncomfortable." Vasquez went to his trunk and only pulled out two shovels. He threw one to Rhys and Vaughn.

"Now I want you two to dig your own graves!!" Vasquez yelled.

"Geez. Who's this dumbass?" Jack reappeared.

"The dumbass who runs your company now," I spat.

"And he wants you, Jack. That's why Hyperion wants Rhys," I said. Both Vaughn and Rhys were digging. I grabbed the shovel from Rhys and aimed it at Vasquez. It hit him right in the face.

"Nice shot," Jack and Rhys said.

"My beautiful face!!" Vasquez held his face with his hands. This made him drop his gun. I grabbed it and fried it with my hands. I drop the gun and dust my hands off.

"W-what did you do to my gun?!" He freaked out.

"The gun's destroyed. It looks better like that. Your face, I mean, " I grinned.

"And the princess has a feisty side too! I'm very much impressed!" Jack said.

Vasquez growled and pulled out another gun from his pockets. He aimed it at Rhys.

"I can't kill you but I can kill him!" He yelled.

"Woah. Hey, cupcake, you can't die here because I'll end up dying with you! I have way too much to do!" Jack informed. Vasquez pulled the trigger but I put a shield around Rhys.

"You're just full of surprises today!" Jack said. Vasquez groaned and yelled in frustration.

"We got this one, princess." Jack told Rhys something I didn't hear. The gun that Vasquez was holding overheated and burned his hands leading to him dropping it.

"Hot, isn't it?" Jack asked. Suddenly, Rhys' cybernetic arm flew up.

"We have a new interesting development!" Jack chanted.

"This...is...my arm!!" Rhys got his arm out of Jack's control and accidentally hit himself in the head. This caused Jack to vanish.

"Let's run for it!" I shouted. Rhys and Vaughn followed me.

"Get back here!" Vasquez hopped in his car.

"Crap, I forgot about the car," I said through breaths.

"I thought he drove a black car?" Vaughn asked.

"Not important, Vaughn!" Rhys yelled. His car was speeding towards us. A figure was flying through the sky and was heading towards us.

"Loader Bot, get Rhys and Vaughn!" I ordered.

"Will do," he responded politely. Loader Bot picked up both men.

"Go back, Loader Bot!" Rhys yelled.

"No, keep going!!" I ordered the Bot. He was listening to me and not Rhys. Vasquez's car was heading directly towards me. I prepared a shield around me. He slammed on brakes but didn't make it in time. His car hit my shield and flipped over it. The car continued to roll over and over again.

"That should keep him off our backs for awhile. I know something like that won't kill his ass," I talked to myself. Then, I felt someone grab my arm. The only person it could be is Rhys. I looked up and I was right.

"No way in hell I'm leaving you behind!" He yelled and pulled me up. He put me on Loader Bot's back. I held on to the top of his head.

"Thanks, Rhys," I said. I saw that he was embarrassed. He quickly turned away.

"Aw, did I embarrass you?" I tease him and blow on his ear.

"You're making Rhys red, Chase," Vaughn said and laughed. He turned his head so not even Vaughn could see his reaction. I started laughing so hard, my sides starting hurting.

"What's wrong, Rhys?" I ask through my laughter.

".....N-nothing....." He stuttered. I tap his shoulder.

"I won't tease you anymore," I said.

"Sorry to interrupt, but I want to apologize to you both," Vaughn said.

"Is this about the deal you made with Vasquez?" Rhys asked.

"I made the deal to keep him off our backs.....Do you guys forgive me?" He asked and looked between the two of us.

"I could never stay mad at you, Vaughn," I said.

"Me neither, bro," Rhys replied. Vaughn now wore a smile that spread ear to ear.

"Thanks, Chase. Thanks, bro," Vaughn said. Then, a whole conversation started where the word bro was the word at the end of every sentence.

"Okay! No more! You're both driving me crazy! Let's figure out where we're going. Are we going to Old Haven or Hollow Point?" I crossed my arms.

"Let's head to Hollow Point and meet up. Then, we can go to Old Haven together.....like a family," Rhys said.

"Alright, Loader Bot. You heard the idiot. Let's head to Hollow Point."

Tales from the BorderlandsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara