Chapter 2: The young, young-at-heart, and Yamagata

Tarra had just stood there in complete and utter shock as his home and sanctuary from the human hunters had been destroyed. Everything was set ablaze from the now tense atmosphere and the clouds that were now bleeding instead of crying. For once in his life, Tarra had finally felt the emotion known as fear. Now petrified, the little tarragon had no idea what to do as his predatory instincts had been completely disabled for the time being. He could only act in a matter of blind adrenaline. Tarra had quickly gotten on his feet and ran as far as he could from his burning home. He had traveled for two weeks straight without resting. He had finally reached the village known as "Famitetit". Tarra, now exhausted, had decided to enter a bar filled with a bunch of very muscular men and women covered in a syrupy white liquid. Tarra had decided to sit on a bar stool when a female bartender had walked up to him. She was about the age of nineteen, wore a short villager dress, had dark brown hair like coffee beans, and cute freckles that were very prevalent from her constant blushing.

Bartender: Hey there, Kid! What can I do for ya? Wet your whistle? Fill your gut? She leans in closer to Tarra and gives him a leer. Or maybe a special girl who can rock your world. The bartender points to herself.

Tarra: The world already looks like it was beaten the shit out of with rocks. I'd like the toughest and freshest meat here with a side of pig's blood.

The bartender giggles a little at the breath of fresh air that Tarra had displayed with his childish rudeness toward her, then blushed more giving him a sexual leer.

Bartender: Be careful what you with for. You might actually get something better.

The bartender walked off as Tarra looked around the tavern. A small wimpy boy had then entered the building. He had short and deep black hair and dusty ragged clothing. The boy had seemed to be a hard worker as he had a fishing rod, bug net, a steel mallet, an archery set, as well as a journal and slingshot. The men had then welcomed the child, as if he was a great hero. Tarra, now interested in this beloved kid, walks up to the large crowd of men. Finally face-to-face with the child about his age, Tarra finally speaks.

Tarra: So are you a hero or something?

Beloved Boy: Yes. I am the all-around villager, Yamagata!

Tarra: I dunno. You look more like a Kaisuke or Takashi...... Kaneda maybe....

Yamagata: What about a Tetsuo?

Tarra: How about, no? Okay?

At that moment, a slightly older girl had walked in. Everyone in the tavern had gotten on their knees at her sight. She was a girl with long hair the shade of ramen noodles, blue eyes that could pierce through solid steel, and pale white skin. The girl was covered in a complete set of golden armor and walked with a passion, as if she was an authority. The girl had walked through the tavern and was immediately stopped by the sight of our not-so-good hero, not bowing down to her.

Female Knight: Why are you not kissing the Earth, Peasant Boy? Too much grime in your eye sockets?

Tarra looked around only to point to himself in confusion. The female knight is now glaring at him.

Female Knight: Yes you, Dragon! Now, bow down like the dog you are.

Tarra: I thought I was a dragon. Not a dog. I have a long rough tongue, but I don't have the tail or fur to consider myself a dog.

The female knight is now offended, but blushes lightly.

Female Knight: Do you want to die!? Stop talking before I shut you up and personally and utterly destroy you!

Tarra looks at Yamagata and the bartender's reactions to this kind of behavior. They both looked as if they were going to die themselves.

Tarra: I'll stop talking once I get my order. If it's not on a plate, it can wait!

The female knight had then started to nosebleed from the sheer stupidity of what Tarra had just said and her eyes were full of rage. She quickly pulled out her sword.

Female Knight: YOU'RE DEAD DRAGON!!!

Tarra: We'll see next chapter.

Female Knight: WHAT DO YOU MEAN IN THE NEXT CHA-!?